Spicy Caprese Baguettes
Spicy Caprese Baguettes are layered with creamy mozzarella cheese, jalapeno peppers, scallions, tomatoes, basil, drizzled with balsamic vinegar for an easy, yet delicious, appetizer.
Servings: 20 slices
- 1 loaf French baguette, cut at a slight angle into ¼-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ¼ cup scallion, finely diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 1 cup (255g) balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Arrange slices of bread on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle the slices with olive oil and toast for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown.
Top each slice of toast with mozzarella cheese, jalapenos, scallions, tomatoes, and basil.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve.