Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Shrimp and Avocado salad is a refreshing and satisfying blend fresh crisp veggies, and shrimp smothered in a citrus cilantro dressing.
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 medium romaine lettuce head, 5 to 6 cups chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 pound small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper, optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, (about 1 large lemon)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter.
Add the shrimp and the cajun seasoning.
Cook 2-3 minutes per side (until they turn pink).
Stir in the garlic and continue to cook the shrimp in the butter until the garlic begins to caramelize and turn golden brown, about another minute. (Be careful, garlic burns quickly)
Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice. If needed, season to taste with salt and pepper.
Set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, cilantro, salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Whisk together until all ingredients are incorporated.
In a large bowl add romaine lettuce, top with tomatoes, onions, avocado, corn, cucumber, and cooked shrimp. Top with Citrus dressing and toss to serve!