Chicken Parmesan Sliders, or should I say Chicken Parm Sliders, take the popular pasta recipe and turn it into a fun mini sandwich to eat by hand! If you are looking for other slider recipes, try my Italian Sliders, Reuben Sliders, and Mushroom and Swiss Sliders!
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
Good things come in small packages. How many times have we heard that? Well, it’s true! Chicken Parmesan Sliders pack a mouthful of flavor in a small Hawaiian roll. No pasta is necessary for these mini sandwiches, and you won’t miss it! Traditionally, chicken was not part of this combination. Eggplant Parmigiana was an eggplant, fried, then topped with cheese and tomato sauce. Then, it would be baked, ready to eat! Later, eggplant was replaced with chicken and Chicken Parm was created!
Chicken Parmesan Sliders Recipe
When it comes to chicken tenders, not much can go wrong. Plus, using frozen chicken tenders in this recipe makes it an easy appetizer or meal to make! What puts these sliders on a level of their own is the seasoned butter topping.
Layering is the key to making these mini Chicken Parmesan sandwiches. Be sure to preheat the oven to 350°F. You may have to reset the temperature after cooking the chicken tenders ahead of time. In a sprayed baking dish, lay down the bottoms of the Hawaiian rolls and add the cheese, chicken, marinara, cheese, and basil. Put on the tops of the rolls and smother them with the butter topping.
To make the butter topping, simply mix all the ingredients together and brush it all over the rolls! Cover the sliders with tin foil for the first 20 minutes. Then, bake them for another 5 minutes or so until the tops of the rolls are a golden brown. These are messy but SO good and easy! Have a cup of marinara on hand for dipping.
Can I Make a Meatless Slider?
If you want to try a meatless version of this slider, you can buy frozen eggplant cutlets to use. Follow the cooking instructions on the package, just like with the chicken tenders, and keep everything else the same. Now, you have an Eggplant Parmigiana Slider!
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- 12 Kings Hawaiian rolls
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cooked
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup (57g) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Split your rolls in half, place the bottom half in a prepared baking dish. Carefully set the top half to the side.
- Top the bottom buns with 6 slices of provolone cheese, follow with cooked chicken tenders, marinara, mozzarella, and basil.
- Place the top half of the buns on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the buttered topping ingredients.
- Brush the top of the rolls with the melted butter mixture.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil, and bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until the tops of the sliders turn a golden brown).
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.