Pizza Sliders are King’s Hawaiian rolls topped with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni, brushed and baked with a garlic butter topping. Try my Italian Sliders and Chicken Parmesan Sliders, too!
Sliders are such a fun appetizer or a main dish to serve. I have lots of slider recipes from my Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders and Reuben Sliders to dessert sliders like my Cherry Cheesecake Sliders, and many more! These pizza sliders start with the same Hawaiian rolls I use in the other recipes and are topped like you are making a pepperoni pizza.
Rolls: In all of my slider recipes, I use King’s Hawaiian Rolls. The super soft and slightly sweet rolls bake beautifully and are the perfect complement to all the different flavors of the sliders. I also have a homemade recipe for Hawaiian Rolls you could make and use. You can also use dinner rolls.
Pepperoni: I added about 4 slices of pepperoni to each of the 12 rolls for 48 pepperoni total. Of course, you could add more or less, if preferred.
Pizza Sauce: Use your favorite brand of sauce or make your own pizza sauce. (that recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes!)
Butter Mixture: The melted butter is mixed with garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese and is brushed on top of the rolls before being baked. And, if you have any leftover, brush some on after you take the sliders out of the oven!
How to Make Pizza Sliders
It’s easy to put this appetizer or meal together. To get started, mix together the melted butter mixture. Then, to make the sliders, first, layer the bottoms of the rolls in a greased 7×11-inch baking dish. (You could get by using a 9×13-inch baking dish if that is all you have on hand.) Top the buns with 6 slices of mozzarella cheese with each slice covering about 2 of the rolls.
After the first layer of cheese, add the slices of pepperoni, followed by the pizza sauce and remaining slices of cheese. Use the tops of the rolls to cover the layers, and brush on the melted butter mixture.
What to Serve with Sliders
If you are serving these as a meal, make sure you have some sides to go with them. Include a vegetable like green beans or asparagus. Or, you could start the meal with a refreshing wedge salad. And, if you are following the combination of pizza and wings, add a plate of chicken wings to the table!
- 1 package (12-count) King's Hawaiian rolls
- ¼ cup (½ stick, 57g) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 48 slices pepperonis
- ¾ cup (193g) pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 7×11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Split your rolls in half horizontally and place the bottom halves in the baking dish.
- Top the bottom halves of the buns with 6 of the mozzarella cheese slices. Follow with a layer of the pepperoni slices, pizza sauce, and the remaining mozzarella cheese slices.
- Place the top halves of the buns on top and brush the top of the rolls with the melted butter mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until the tops of the sliders turn a golden brown).
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve!
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.