Buffalo Chicken Meatballs have all the flavor of your favorite buffalo wings in a perfectly baked ground chicken meatball! It is a tasty appetizer with just the right amount of kick to wake up your taste buds! If you love buffalo chicken, you have to try my Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
My love for buffalo chicken started with classic buffalo wings. Even with all the other spices and flavors that are available to choose from, I still find myself sticking with the traditional buffalo sauce. I even have a homemade buffalo sauce you can use with this recipe. I prefer blue cheese with my buffalo chicken recipes, but a lot of midwesterners love ranch on almost everything, so it really is your choice.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
Along with the homemade buffalo sauce you may want to make for this recipe, you can also mix up some homemade ranch seasoning to use in the meatballs. I used 3 tablespoons of homemade seasoning, which equals about 1 1/2 packets of the 1-ounce packets of storebought seasoning.
Meatball Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Ground chicken
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Dry ranch seasoning
- Buffalo sauce
Garnish Ingredients (optional)
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Buffalo sauce
- Ranch Dressing (or blue cheese😀)
- Green onion or celery
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
It’s easy to make these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. In fact, you will probably choose to make your own meatballs from now on and skip the frozen ones you can buy at the store. And, I have a lot of meatballs you can make, including turkey meatballs, bacon cheeseburger meatballs, teriyaki meatballs and more! Anyway, back to the Buffalo Chicken Meatballs. It all starts with the chicken meatball with some added ingredients and flavor. Preheat the oven to 350°F and get all the ingredients you need.
- First, combine the ground chicken, egg, cheese, parsley, ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce, and garlic in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and breadcrumbs.
- Add the milk mixture to the ground chicken mixture. Don’t overmix all the ingredients. If you overmix the ingredients, it will make the meatballs tough. Just get the ingredients combined for the most tender meatballs. I would suggest that you grease your hands before you start forming the chicken meatballs.
- Place each ball on a parchment-lined baking sheet. I was able to make 24 meatballs out of this batch, but it does depend on how big you want to make them. Bake them for about 25 minutes. Just double-check that each meatball reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Top off the meatballs with blue cheese crumbles, more buffalo sauce, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and some green onion (or celery, which I always get with my buffalo wings).
How to Pan Fry Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
For perfectly seared meatballs, roll the ingredients into the size of meatball you want. Over medium heat, in a large skillet, heat up 2 tablespoons of butter. Place the meatballs in the skillet, browning them on all sides. Again, you can check for doneness by making sure a meat thermometer reaches 165°F.
Can I Freeze Buffalo Chicken Meatballs?
Yes! Isn’t it great when you can have a meal ready to go ahead of time? Meatballs are great to freeze and reheat when you are ready to eat them! You have a couple of options when it comes to freezing the buffalo chicken meatballs. The first option would be to bake them as instructed and let them cool down completely. Put them into freezer bags and freeze them for up to 3 months. Remember to date the bags so you know how long they have been in the freezer! You may also want to write how to reheat the meatballs–bake for 25-30 minutes at 400°F.
Meatballs can also be frozen before you bake them. Follow all the instructions up to the baking of the meatballs. Then, on a parchment-lined baking sheet, pop them into the freezer for an hour or two. After they are frozen, store them in the freezer bags, remembering to date them and write the baking instructions.
Looking for More Buffalo Chicken Recipes?
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Get all the flavor of your favorite buffalo chicken wings in these Buffalo Chicken Meatballs!
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
- Blue cheese crumbles, for topping
- Buffalo sauce, for topping
- Ranch dressing, for topping
- Green onion, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, beaten egg, cheese, parsley, ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce, and garlic. Mix together until just combined.
In a medium bowl, combine the milk and breadcrumbs.
Add milk mixture to the meat mixture being careful not to overwork ingredients.
Form into desired size meatball, greasing hands before starting to keep the meat from sticking, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Place in preheated oven and roast until the outsides are browned and they read 165°F on a meat thermometer (about 25 minutes).
Top with blue cheese crumbles, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing for garnish. (Everything but the buffalo sauce is optional!)