Shrimp Dip is a super creamy, rich, and flavorful appetizer loaded with shrimp, and served with crackers, chips, or fresh vegetables for dipping! It’s the perfect party or game-day snack that guests will love! If you love seafood, try my Crab Dip, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Shrimp: Look for frozen cooked shrimp that is peeled and deveined. Thaw the shrimp, and then cut it into smaller pieces. I like to reserve a few whole shrimp to add on top of the dip when serving.
Creamy Base: The creamy base of the dip is made up of cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. It gives the dip a tangy flavor.
Red Bell Pepper: The diced red bell pepper adds a bit of sweetness, crunch, and color to the dip.
Worcestershire Sauce: Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder are both added to the dip to enhance the flavor.
Green Onion: Garnish the dip with green onions for added flavor and a vibrant color.
What To Serve With Shrimp Dip
Here are some delicious options to serve with shrimp dip:
- Crackers: I prefer buttery crackers, whole wheat crackers, or classic saltines.
- Tortilla Chips
- Bagel Chips
- Vegetables: Fresh vegetable sticks like celery, carrot, cucumber, and bell pepper strips provide a refreshing and healthy option. Add the dip to your Vegetable Tray!
- Bread: Sliced baguette, pita bread, or crostini are perfect dippers!
How To Store Shrimp Dip
To store shrimp dip, first, cover the dip. Then, store it in the refrigerator. It will last up to 2-3 days. When serving, do not leave the dip at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked small shrimp, peeled, deveined, thawed, and chopped (Reserve a few whole shrimp for garnish.)
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- ¼ cup (58 g) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (58 g) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- green onions, finely chopped for garnish
- crackers and/or chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, shrimp, bell pepper, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Garnish with green onions and reserved whole shrimp.
- Serve immediately with chips, crackers, and fresh vegetables. If not serving immediately, cover the dip and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
This a simple and delicious dip for any occasion. I really liked this with bagel chips!
If you love creamy, rich dips and seafood, this will be your new favorite appetizer! It is loaded with shrimp and so easy to throw together!
Creamy delicious dip that is perfect for an appetizer or party food.
if you love a creamy, flavorful dip then this is for you!
Very creamy and simple to make. These go well with some crackers or bagel chips!
This is so yummy! Super creamy. I loved it with bagel chips.