A meal you can feel good about feeding your family, this Spicy Chicken and Broccoli is nutritious and delicious. The Cajun seasoning adds interest to an otherwise uninteresting chicken breast, and the nutrient-rich vegetables add beautiful color to the meal. Although the chicken and vegetables are delicious on their own, feel free to serve them over a bed of fluffy white rice. Since Spicy Chicken and Broccoli includes your veggies, add a dessert to the menu, like my easy to make Oreo Fluff.
Spicy Chicken and Broccoli
Sometimes, it is hard to come up with a dinner idea that is not the same as last week and the week before. Chicken can definitely be boring, but by adding some Cajun spice to this Spicy Chicken and Broccoli recipe you can spice up your dinner routine. Plus, this meal has all you need to get your protein and vegetables together. To make this recipe even more appealing is how easy it is to make and get on the dinner table.
Spicy Chicken and Broccoli Ingredients
Chicken: I used two boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
Cajun seasoning: Storebought works great, or you can make your own!
Broccoli florets: I prefer fresh broccoli, but frozen should work in this recipe too.
Sweet potatoes: I used 3 sweet potatoes for this recipe. I prefer to eat them peeled, but you could leave the skins on if that is your preference!
How to Make Spicy Chicken and Broccoli
There are just a few things you need to prep before you bake this recipe. First, preheat the oven to 425°F. Next, cut up the chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces, tossing the pieces with the Cajun seasoning. (If you use my amazing homemade cajun seasoning watch out!, you might not need as much!) Next, peel and cube the sweet potatoes. After this prep work is done, line two baking sheets with parchment paper. On one sheet, spread out the coated chicken pieces and sprinkle with half the olive oil. On the second baking sheet, line half of the pan with the broccoli and the other half with the cubed sweet potatoes, again, drizzling both with olive oil. Bake both pans at once for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. When you are ready to serve the dish, have some slices of avocado and lemon for garnish.
More Chicken Recipes
Spicy Chicken and Broccoli
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 5 -6 cups broccoli florets
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium avocado, sliced for garnish
- 1 medium lemon, sliced for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the seasoning. Spread in a single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- On the second baking sheet, spread the broccoli in a single layer on one half of the baking sheet. To the second half, spread the sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Roast both the chicken and vegetables at the same time in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with the sliced avocado and lemon slices. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.