Air Fryer French Fries are homemade fries made with Yukon Gold potatoes that are cut, seasoned, and cooked in an air fryer. Try my Parmesan French Fries or Salt & Vinegar French fries for extra added flavor!
Air Fryer French Fries
Air-fried foods are lower in fat than deep-fried foods, which is one good reason to give it a try with a recipe like this. But, just because it saves on some fat and calories doesn’t mean it is light on flavor. These homemade fries are perfectly seasoned to be eaten on their own. Or, dip them into your favorite sauce, like my homemade aioli recipe, Cowboy Butter or Fry Sauce.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Potatoes: I went with Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe. They have a waxy texture and a hint of sweetness to them. You could also use russet or red potatoes. Potatoes are a great source of Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. In a pinch, you can use other varieties of potato.
Seasoned Salt: You can find seasoned salt at most grocery stores and supermarkets. It’s a blend of table salt with other herbs and spices. I like Lawrey’s, but there are hundreds of options!
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
Can I Bake the Fries in the Oven?
Yes! Simply follow the instructions as written (including the soaking of the fries) until placing them in the air fryer. Instead of cooking in the air fryer, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the fries in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 15-20 minutes. Then, carefully flip the fries and cook an additional 5-10 minutes (or until your desired crispness).
How to Store Air Fryer French Fries
Air fryer french fries can be stored in an airtight container or zip-top bag in the refrigerator for up to three days. To reheat them, cook them for 3-5 minutes in the air fryer, or until they are heated through and crispy again. You can also reheat them in the oven by placing them on a baking sheet and heating them at 400°F for 5-7 minutes.
Air Fryer French Fries
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes under cold water.
- Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes into thin ¼-inch strips.
- Transfer the potato strips to a large bowl, cover with ice water, and let the potatoes soak for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and pat the potatoes dry.
- Add oil, salt, and seasoned salt to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Lightly spray the inside of the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Place the potato strips into the basket in a single layer, working in batches as needed. (Try not to overlap).
- Air fry at 380°F for 18-20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.