Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan French Fries are homemade fries made with Yukon Gold potatoes and seasoned with a parmesan and garlic mixture. If you love parmesan and garlic seasoning, be sure to try my Garlic and Parmesan Roasted Asparagus.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan French Fries
Air-fried foods are lower in fat than deep-fried foods, which is one good reason to give it a try with a recipe like this. But, just because it saves on some fat and calories doesn’t mean it is light on flavor. These homemade fries are perfectly seasoned to be eaten on their own. Or, dip them into your favorite sauce.
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan French Fries Ingredients
Potatoes: I went with Yukon Gold potatoes for this recipe. They have a more waxy texture and a hint of sweetness to them. You could also use russet or red potatoes. Potatoes are a great source of Vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Did you know that the potato was the first vegetable to be grown in space? Lucky for us, we don’t have to go to space to get potatoes for these french fries!
How to Make Air Fryer French Fries
It’s simple to make these french fries and there are only a few ingredients! First, be sure to rinse and scrub the potatoes. Next, cut the potatoes into thin strips. Then, put the strips into a large bowl, cover with ice water, and let the potatoes soak for about 30 minutes. The ice water bath draws out the starch of the potatoes and gives them a crispier texture.
After the potatoes have soaked for 30 minutes, drain the water and pat the potatoes dry. Add the oil and salt to the bowl of potatoes. Toss to coat and place the potato strips in the basket of an air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches. Try not to overlap the potatoes. Air fry at 380°F for 18-20 minutes.
While the potatoes are cooking, mix together the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl. Finally, once the fries are cooked, toss them with the garlic parmesan mixture. These are flavorful enough to be eaten as-is. Or, dip them into your favorite sauce. This is the Air Fryer I use and we love it! (affiliate link)
Can I Bake the Fries in the Oven?
Yes! Simply follow the instructions as written (including the soaking of the fries) until placing them in the air fryer. Instead of cooking in the air fryer, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the fries in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Bake at 450°F for 15-20 minutes. Then, carefully flip the fries and cook an additional 5-10 minutes (or until your desired crispness). Toss the baked fries with the parmesan, garlic, and parsley mixture.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan French Fries
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Rinse and scrub the potatoes under cold water.
- Using a sharp knife, cut potatoes into thin 1/4 inch strips.
- Transfer the potato strips to a large bowl, cover with ice water, and let the potatoes soak for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and pat the potatoes dry.
- Add oil and salt to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Working in batches, place potatoes into a greased air fryer basket in a single layer. (Try not to overlap.)
- Air fry at 380°F for 18-20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- While the fries are cooking, mix together the parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Remove the fries from the air fryer and toss them with the parmesan, garlic powder, and parsley mixture. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.