Air Fryer Pizza Rolls are mini pizza pockets filled with seasoned pizza sauce, diced pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese, cooked in an air fryer. Try my Air Fryer Salt and Vinegar French Fries for another tasty appetizer made in an air fryer.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
There is nothing quite like a late-night snack of pizza rolls. They are a perfect bite-sized snack to make when you are craving pizza, but don’t want to eat an entire one! Now, you can skip the frozen pizza rolls at the grocery store and make your own.
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls Ingredients
Pizza Dough: I used a tube of store-bought pizza dough to roll out and cut into squares.
Pizza Sauce: A jar of your favorite pizza sauce works perfectly in this recipe.
Pepperoni: You can chop up pieces of pepperoni, or simply buy it already diced. (Just leave it out if you want only cheese pizza rolls.)
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
It’s hard to say who actually invented pizza rolls, but I’m sure glad they did! It’s such a fun snack to eat, and kids love them! To make these air fryer pizza rolls, preheat the air fryer to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. (The lined baking sheet is to place the pizza rolls before putting them in the air fryer.)
Next, in a small bowl, combine the pizza sauce with garlic and Italian seasoning. Set that aside as you roll out the dough. On a floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough to a 12×12-inch square. Then, cut the large square into 16 smaller squares. Set the small squares onto the lined baking sheet.
After the squares are cut and on the baking sheet, top each square with 1 teaspoon of the following: seasoned pizza sauce, diced pepperoni, and cheese. Wet your finger with water and rub it around the outside edges of the dough square. Fold one corner up to the center of the roll. Then, fold the two corners to the left and right into the center. At this point, the pizza roll should look like an open envelope.
Finally, fold the top corner down, sealing all the ingredients inside. Use your finger or a fork to lightly press and seal each one. Spray the pizza rolls with cooking spray and place them in the basket of an air fryer in a single layer.
Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches. Air fry for 8 minutes, or until dark golden brown. Remove them from the air fryer and serve hot. Enjoy them plain or dipped in your favorite dipping sauce.
Can I Make Pizza Rolls in the Oven?
Yes! These are easy to make and bake as well if you don’t have an air fryer. Follow the instructions up through number 7 (sealing the ingredients in the pizza rolls). At this point, instead of spraying the pizza rolls with cooking spray, whisk a large egg to make an egg wash. Brush the egg wash on the tops of the rolls and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes at 400°F.
Can I Freeze Pizza Rolls?
Yes! Once you have put the pizza rolls together, but before cooking them, you can freeze them to enjoy when those late-night cravings are back. To freeze, place the uncooked pizza rolls in a freezer-safe container for up to 3 months. Be sure to label and date the container. When ready to eat, let them come to room temperature before cooking them in the air fryer or baking them in the oven.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) pizza dough, thinly rolled out and cut into 16 squares
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup pepperoni, diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- cooking spray
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine pizza sauce, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll out the pizza dough into a 12×12-inch square. Cut into 16 smaller squares and place each on the lined baking sheet.
- Top each square with 1 teaspoon of the seasoned pizza sauce, 1 teaspoon pepperoni, and 1 teaspoon cheese.
- Wet the outside edges of the dough with water (run a wet finger around all edges). To seal, fold one corner up to the center of the roll.
- Next, fold the two corners to the left and right into the center (it should look like an open envelope).
- Finally, fold the top corner down, sealing all of the ingredients inside. Lightly press with your finger to seal (or use a fork).
- Spray the sealed pizza rolls with cooking spray and place in a single layer into the basket of an air fryer. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to work in batches.)
- Air fry for 8 minutes, or until dark golden brown. Serve hot with ranch or extra pizza sauce for dipping (optional).
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.