Air Fryer Pasta Chips are an appetizer made with cooked rigatoni pasta noodles that are air-fried, flavored with garlic, and topped with parmesan cheese. Try my Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan French Fries for another flavorful appetizer or snack.
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
I am going to warn you right away…this snack is addicting! I could not stop eating this crunchy pasta that is full of a garlic parmesan flavor in every bite! It is so simple to make and would be a great snack to grab and go to munch on throughout the day. Yes, the pasta chips are delicious dipped in marinara or garlic sauce, but I loved them plain just as much!
Air Fryer Pasta Chips Ingredients
Pasta: I chose rigatoni pasta to use in this recipe. But, you could choose any shape of pasta you want to use! (I recommend choosing pasta that is easy to grab with fingers.) You could even make your own homemade shaped pasta. Just be sure to cook the noodles before placing them in the air fryer.
How to Make Air Fryer Pasta Chips
To get started making this appetizer, cook the pasta noodles al dente and preheat the air fryer to 400°F. After the noodles have cooked and have been drained, add them to a bowl and drizzle a tablespoon of oil over the noodles. Toss to coat.
Next, line the basket or rack of your air fryer with a single layer of noodles. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches so the pasta does not overlap.
Air fry the noodles for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Transfer the pasta chips to a bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining oil with garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well and pour this mixture over the air-fried noodles. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce like marinara sauce or homemade garlic sauce.
Can I Make Pasta Chips in the Oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, or just prefer to use the oven, you can still enjoy this snack. To make pasta chips in the oven, preheat the oven to 425°F. Follow the air fryer instructions, but bake the cooked pasta for 20-25 minutes before tossing it with the oil mixture and parmesan cheese. The pasta will not get quite as crispy, but it will still be delicious!
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 8 ounces rigatoni noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add cooked noodles. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Add the pasta noodles to your air fryer rack/basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer pasta chips to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the oil mixture over the pasta chips and toss to coat.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve with your favorite dipping sauce, like marinara or garlic sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.