Amish Strawberry Pie is light and fresh and piled high with freshly picked sweet strawberries. The crust is light and flaky and perfect this time of year! If you love pies like this, check out my never fail pie crust, you can use it on any pie you love!
Amish Strawberry Pie
Amish Strawberry Pie is fresh and bright and makes a refreshing dessert on a warm afternoon or after a heavy supper. Studded with fresh strawberries, this Amish strawberry pie is a terrific way to use up your haul from your strawberry garden. With the taste of summer after every bite, your loved ones will be begging you to make this Amish strawberry pie again and again.
Strawberries are an Amish staple. Paired into a pie, with the perfect light and flaky pie crust, what is there not to love?
Strawberry Pie Recipe
I remember when I was a child if I ever got the lucky option of choosing the dessert, this was the one for me. The fresh strawberries are just molded into place with the gelatin glaze. Smothered, of course, in a heaping pile of whipped cream, that was always my number one pick. This pie, to me, just tastes like summer. If summer had a taste, it would be strawberry pie.
Amish Strawberry Pie
- Amish Never Fail Pie Crust (recipe in post)
- 2 cups water
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup strawberry gelatin
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- whipped topping to garnish
- Line a deep-dish pie pan with the Amish Never Fail Pie Crust and bake according to instructions.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together the water, corn starch, and sugar until dissolves. Bring to a boil while continuously stirring.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Off the heat and add the gelatin. Stir to combine and allow to cool.
- Once cool, gently stir in the strawberries.
- Pour into the prepared pie shell. Refrigerate overnight to set.
- Serve chilled and top with whipped topping, if using
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Photography by The PKP Way.