Air Fryer Bang Bang Salmon Bites are seasoned pieces of salmon coated in homemade bang bang sauce, cooked in an air fryer, and drizzled with more bang bang sauce. Plus, this delicious recipe is ready to go in less than 30 minutes! You can also bake the salmon bites in the oven! For the same sweet and spicy flavors with whole filets, try my Bang Bang Salmon, too. If you prefer, I also have Bang Bang Chicken Skewers that you will love, made with the same homemade bang bang sauce!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Salmon: This recipe requires about 1 1/2 pounds of salmon. You can buy one whole filet or smaller filets to use. I prefer to remove the skin before cutting it into bite-sized pieces and cooking.
Seasonings: To season the salmon, you need paprika, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper.
Mayonnaise: The mayonnaise gives the bang bang sauce the creamy texture it is known for. You could make your own or use light mayonnaise if that is what you have on hand.
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce: The sweetness really comes out in each bite, followed by the heat from the Sriracha. Make your own if you don’t have any on hand.
Sriracha: Sriracha gives the sauce a spicy kick with some heat. You can definitely add more (or use less), depending on how much heat you can handle!
Honey: Honey is used to balance out the flavors of the sauce. It adds a natural sweetness that helps to counteract the heat from the Sriracha and balances the tanginess of the Thai sweet chili sauce.
How To Serve Bang Bang Salmon Bites
These bites can be served as an appetizer or as a main dish. Here are some of my favorite ways to serve the salmon bites:
- Serve over a bed of cooked white rice.
- Thread the bites onto skewers for a bang-bang salmon kebab.
- Serve on top of a lettuce salad.
- Provide large lettuce leaves for guests to make bang-bang salmon lettuce wraps.
- Make sliders. Set out Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls to add the salmon bites. Provide toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, or pickles to make little sandwiches.
Can I Make Bang Bang Salmon Bites Ahead Of Time?
One part of this air fryer bang bang salmon bites recipe that you can get made in advance is the bang bang sauce. Once mixed together, it can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week!
How To Store Air Fryer Bang Bang Salmon Bites
Store leftover bang bang salmon bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last up to 3-4 days. Reheat the salmon in an air fryer or oven.
Air Fryer Bang Bang Salmon Bites
- 1 ½ pounds salmon, about 4 filets, skins removed, cut into 1-inch bites
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 390°F.*
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add salmon bites and gently toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, Sriracha, and honey. Mix well.
- Pour half of the Bang Bang sauce into a separate bowl, reserving it for after the salmon has been cooked. Toss the seasoned salmon bites in the remaining sauce.
- Working in batches, place the salmon bites in an even layer in the basket of your air fryer. (Do not overcrowd.) Air fry for 4-5 minutes. Flip and cook 4-5 minutes more on the opposite side, or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 140-145°F.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate and drizzle with the reserved bang bang sauce.
- Garnish with chives.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the seasoned cubes of salmon onto the lined baking sheet. (Do not brush the salmon with bang bang sauce until after baking in the oven. If you do, it will burn.)
- Bake for 16 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Toss the baked salmon bites in the bang bang sauce.
- Serve garnished with chives.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
This is such an easy and delicious recipe. Such a fun way to eat salmon! I'm fully convinced you could put bang bang sauce on just about anything and it will make it better!
YUM! I loved our bang bang salmon filets, so I didn't even have to try this recipe (but I sure did) to know I was going to love it. Ready in less than 30 minutes and made in an air fryer. This is a winning recipe!
Bang bang sauce on everything. Salmon lovers will love this, it comes together quite quickly and the air fryer makes everything easier!
If you like salmon, you'll love this! The bang bang sauce really elevates the salmon's natural flavor!
When it comes to this sauce, I think bang bang sauce on salmon is my favorite combination! It pairs excellent with salmon! The sauce is not spicy, even with the sriracha. It has a creamy and sweet flavor. So simple and tasty.
Oh, man. I enjoy fresh salmon, but this sauce and method just kick it up a notch! So delicious!