Cheesy Parmesan Chicken is marinated chicken breasts that are topped with a ranch and parmesan mixture, panko crumbs, and shredded cheese. For another flavorful chicken recipe, try my Mayonnaise Parmesan Chicken, too!
Cheesy Parmesan Chicken
I love chicken, and it’s fun to have a variety of recipes to keep it from being too boring. This cheesy parmesan chicken is easy to make, and the chicken is juicy and tender. There are wonderful flavors from the marinade and the toppings. And, you can marinate the chicken a day ahead of time so it’s ready to be cooked when you are ready to make it!
There are two parts to this recipe–the chicken marinade and the toppings.
Marinade: All you need for this marinade is Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and olive oil.
Chicken: I used four boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. Depending on the size of the chicken used, you may want to pound out the chicken for even thickness. This will help when it comes to cooking the chicken.
Ranch Dressing: Ranch dressing is mixed with some parmesan cheese for the first topping. You can make your own homemade ranch dressing if you don’t have any on hand!
Panko: Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb that is lighter and will stay crispier longer. Look for panko in the Asian food aisle of the grocery store. (You could use regular bread crumbs in a pinch, but the chicken will have a different texture.)
Cheese: My choice was shredded Monterey Jack cheese. It is American white cheese that has a very mild flavor. A good substitution would be Havarti cheese. For best results, shred a block of cheese as opposed to buying cheese already shredded.
How to Store Cheesy Parmesan Chicken
To store leftover chicken, keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last 3-4 days. For the best results, reheat the chicken in the oven at 400°F until heated through.
Cheesy Parmesan Chicken
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup (120 g) ranch dressing
- ¾ cup (75 g) grated parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ cup (27 g) panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup (56.5 g) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl or zipped plastic bag, mix together the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Place the chicken in the marinade, turning to coat the chicken on all sides. Place the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 hour.
- When ready, in a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing with ½ cup of parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat up the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the marinated chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of each chicken breast reaches 165°F.
- Top each chicken breast with the ranch and parmesan mixture, panko crumbs, and shredded cheese, dividing the toppings equally between each chicken breast.
- Place the top oven rack about 6 inches from the top of the oven. Place the chicken on the top rack and broil at 550°F for 1-2 minutes, just to melt the cheese. (Watch carefully.)
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
This recipe was inspired by @onestopchop_