Chicken Pasta with Brussel Sprouts is lightly coated with a nutty sauce that’s speckled with delicious Brussels sprouts and sprinkled with cheese.
Chicken Pasta with Brussel Sprouts
You just have to try the amazing duo of Chicken Pasta and brown butter Brussels sprouts. The textures of these ingredients, the garlic chicken, the chewy noodle, and the buttery Brussels sprouts, blend perfectly together. If you have been following the blog for a while, you have probably seen the recipe for brown butter brussels sprouts. For this dish, we take that recipe up to a whole new level by adding more ingredients that you will love.
If you have read this far, I think that means that you are at least slightly interested in Brussels sprouts. I feel like a broken record, but this is how I talk to my picky eater. “Just try it!” “It’s good I promise!” “You won’t know you love it if you never try!” For real though, I am not messing around. Brussel Sprout Pasta will convert you if you are still questioning whether you will like Brussels sprouts or not. What do you have to lose!
Chicken Pasta with Brussels Sprouts is a perfect light dish for spring and summer. Some pasta dishes can really be weighed down with heavy cream and thick tomato sauces. The light and nutty sauce in this dish keep it fluffy and not too heavy. Pair it with some Country Garlic Cheese Bread and thank me later.
You can also dress up this dish by adding some crispy thick-cut bacon. We like to mix it up from time to time!
Chicken Pasta with Brussels Sprouts
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
PASTA WITH BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- ½ pound penne pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, washed and halved
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated for garnish
- In a medium non-stick pan, heat butter and olive oil.
- Mix together salt, pepper, and garlic powder and sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Place seasoned chicken into the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side until browned. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Once cooked through, remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan that you cooked the chicken in, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Place the Brussels sprouts, cut side down and cook for 3 minutes. Flip the sprouts and cook for 1 more minute. The sprouts should be slightly charred on each side. Set aside while making the brown butter.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Once the butter bubbles, begin whisking occasionally to prevent from bubbling over. Once the butter foams, whisk vigorously until golden brown bits form. Remove from heat immediately. Add the garlic and stir. Pour over the Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts to the pasta and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the Parmesan.
- Slice the chicken and place on top of the pasta mixture. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Adapted from Maebells. Photography by The PKP Way.