Creamy Chicken Pasta is a delectable and satisfying dish that combines tender linguine noodles with seasoned cubes of chicken in a rich and flavorful garlic cream sauce. Fresh parsley adds color, and if you like some heat, you can sprinkle optional red pepper flakes on top. Overall, it’s a dish that’s comforting, satisfying, and packed with deliciousness! And, it’s super easy to throw together! For another delicious chicken and pasta dish, try my Creamy Chicken Pasta With Roasted Vegetables, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
Pasta: I used linguine, but you could certainly use any pasta you have on hand. Or, for some fun shapes, make homemade pasta!
Chicken: Although this recipe is made with chicken breasts, you could substitute chicken thighs if preferred. Or, to make this recipe even easier, use a rotisserie chicken that has already been cooked.
Garlic Cream Sauce: The garlic cream sauce is made with just a few ingredients, but packs so much buttery, garlicky flavor that you will love!
Red Pepper Flakes: Red pepper flakes, or crushed red pepper, adds a little kick and some color to the dish. It is optional, but most of the taste testers loved the addition of a few flakes.
Variations To Creamy Chicken Pasta
There are several add-ins and variations you can explore to customize and elevate this pasta recipe according to your preferences. Here are a few ideas:
- Add a variety of sautéed or roasted vegetables for extra flavor and nutrition. Bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, or mushrooms would work well.
- For a burst of tangy sweetness, include chopped sun-dried tomatoes. They can add both color and flavor contrast to the creamy sauce.
- Crumbled bacon or crispy pancetta can provide a savory and slightly smoky element that complements the creamy sauce.
- Substitute the chicken with shrimp, cooked sausage, or even seared tofu for a different source of protein.
How To Store Creamy Chicken Pasta
After the pasta dish has cooled to room temperature, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup (238 g) heavy cream
- ½ cup (50 g) parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- red pepper flakes, optional for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook according to the package instructions until al dente (about 8-10 minutes). Drain and set the pasta aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chicken, paprika, kosher salt, and black pepper. Toss well to ensure the chicken pieces are evenly coated with the seasonings.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally until the chicken is cooked through and nicely browned (about 4-5 minutes). Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate and tent to keep it warm.
Garlic Cream Sauce
- In the same skillet, reduce the heat to medium and add the butter. Once melted, add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 more minute, stirring constantly and scraping up the browned bits in the pan as you go.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring it to a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, or until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and continue cooking until the cheese melts and the sauce becomes creamy (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the cooked chicken and pasta back to the skillet. Gently toss everything together to coat the pasta and chicken with the creamy garlic sauce.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and red pepper flakes (optional).
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
What the Test Kitchen had to say about this recipe:
Sometimes you just need simple comfort food. This recipe really fits the bill. A creamy and delicious garlic sauce over a bed of noodles and lightly seasoned chicken. I added some red pepper flakes to for a little extra kick of heat.
What an easy, but flavorful pasta recipe to throw together. This is a dish that the entire family will enjoy!
This is such a simple recipe but is just so delicious. I love the creamy sauce with the parmesan!!