Easy Chicken Teriyaki is a recipe made with just three simple ingredients, including the chicken, and can be ready and on the table in about 30 minutes! If you love teriyaki, be sure to check out my Teriyaki Meatballs!
Easy Chicken Teriyaki
This Easy Chicken Teriyaki is definitely easy! It is chicken thighs that are smothered in a teriyaki-like sauce that is made with just soy sauce and brown sugar. Then, the chicken is topped with some green onions, for garnish. The soy sauce does stand out in this recipe, so if you are a fan of that, you really need to make this recipe. I also have teriyaki chicken wings you might want to try, too!
Ingredients & Substitutions
I stated this is made with three ingredients; the fourth ingredient is the optional green onions for garnish.
Chicken: I prefer chicken thighs, but you could definitely use chicken breasts if you prefer.
Soy Sauce: As mentioned, the sauce does have a strong soy sauce flavor.
Brown Sugar: Brown sugar adds sweetness to offset some of the saltiness of the soy sauce.
Green Onions: The green onions are the perfect garnish for this dish with their subtle onion flavor.
How to Store Chicken Teriyaki
Store easy chicken teriyaki in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last 2-3 days. Reheat the chicken on the stovetop over medium-low heat or in the microwave. You can also freeze the chicken for up to 3 months.
Easy Chicken Teriyaki
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 1 ½ cups (382.5 g) soy sauce
- 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons green onions, diced
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken. Cook on one side for about 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and add soy sauce and brown sugar. Mix and cook for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cooked chicken from the skillet. Place the chicken on a plate or in a bowl, tenting to keep warm.
- Continue cooking the sauce for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the chicken back into the pan. Toss to coat.
- Serve with long-grain white rice, topped with green onions for garnish.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
This recipe was inspired by @cookwithskye on TikTok.