We LOVE these Easy French Dip Sliders because they’re suitable for a quick dinner or to pack for lunch. At our house, we triple the batch because we devour them in record time! Soft rolls with a savory sauce, melted cheese, tender beef, and caramelized onions. Can you blame us?
What is a Slider?
A slider sandwich is basically a mini version of larger sandwiches. They are often baked on dinner rolls and made 12 at a time. If you are looking for a sandwich that can feed a crowd but is easy to assemble, the slider is the sandwich for you!
Easy French Dip Sliders
They are quite simple to put together! Grab your bread and place in a prepared pan. Layer on the cheese, meat, and onion. Place top layer of buns on top. Next is the best part… drizzle that glorious French Dip sauce!
This French Dip Slider recipe doesn’t disappoint. Sometimes I like to splurge and get really high-quality roast beef (or even slice our own!) because it adds such an amazing melt-in-your-mouth experience to this recipe. Feel free to play with the recipe to fit your tastes!
LOOKING FOR OTHER DINNER RECIPES?
French Dip Sliders
We LOVE these Easy French Dip Sliders because they’re suitable for a quick dinner or to pack for lunch.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 onion halved and sliced
- 1 package 12 rolls Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1 pound sliced roast beef found in the sandwich meats aisle
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package McCormick Au Jus Gravy Mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and cook the onions until lightly browned and soft. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Keeping the Hawaiian sweet rolls attached, run a serrated knife through the middle of the loaf, dividing the top and bottom halves.
- Place the bottom half in the prepared baking dish and evenly lay on the cheese.
- Scatter on the roast beef, followed by the onions.
- Top with the top half of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining 8 tablespoons of butter in the microwave (about 15 seconds). Stir in the Au Jus gravy mix, Worcestershire sauce, sesame seeds, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Pour sauce over the rolls and bake until the cheese has melted, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Recipe Video[brid autoplay="true" video="385594" player="16520" title="French Dip Sliders "]
DID YOU MAKE French Dip Sliders?
Photography by The PKP Way.