These Energy Bites are a lifesaver! Every single bite is packed with loads of protein and delicious flavor! This is the perfect after school treat! If you are looking for more quick snacks, make sure to check out my Apple Nachos with Peanut Butter too!
What are Energy Bites?
Energy bites are little bite-sized snacks that taste great but have a little something extra. These little treats are packed with so much protein, it will fill you up without that dragging full feeling. Best yet, they are easy to make and store naturally in your freezer for an easy grab and go snack!
Energy Bite Recipe
The secret to this amazing little snack is packing in as much wholesome goodness as you possibly can. To do that we rounded up all of the good stuff:
- Oatmeal – oats are among the healthiest grains on the planet. They are whole grain and a great source of loads of vitamins and minerals. They also contain fiber and more protein than most other grains on the market.
- Peanut Butter (creamy) – Peanut butter has a high-fat content, BUT, it’s a healthy fat. It is packed with protein so it will keep you full longer.
- Protein Powder– This should be obvious, but we added this to amp up the protein levels.
- Chia Seeds – These tiny little seeds are jam-packed with nutrients and antioxidants, and still remain very low on the calorie count.
- Flax Seed – this superfood is also filled with protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids, in addition to being a great source of vitamins and minerals.
- Chocolate Chips – Ok, let’s be honest, the only nutritional value of chocolate chips is how they make you feel:) I added these for flavor.
- Honey – The alternative to sugar in this recipe and also the glue that holds everything together.
How to Make Energy Bites
A simple recipe, with wholesome ingredients, that is easy to prepare, does it really get any better than that? I think no. To prepare these tasty little energy bites, get yourself a large bowl and add oats, peanut butter, protein powder, honey, flaxseed meal, chocolate chips, vanilla, and chia seeds. Stir until everything is well combined. The mixture should be thick so you will have to use a little elbow grease to make sure it all comes together.
Using a 1-inch ice cream scoop and scoop out the mixture and round it into a ball. Place it on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Put the baking sheet into the freezer. The energy bites will be ready to eat within 1 hour. Store them in a ziplock bag for up to 3 months. But I am guessing they won’t last you that long.
Looking for More Quick Snacking Recipes?
These Energy Bites are a lifesaver! Every single bite is packed with loads of protein and delicious flavor! This is the perfect after school treat!
- 2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
In a large bowl, combine oats, peanut butter, protein powder, honey, flaxseed, chocolate chips, vanilla, and chia seeds. Stir until well combined.
Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop out the mixture and round it into a ball. Place the energy bites onto a parchment-lined baking pan and repeat with the rest of the mixture.
Place the pan in the freezer until the energy bites are hardened (about 1 hour).
Store in a ziplock bag.