Focaccia Bread is an oven-baked snack or sandwich bread that is packed with so much amazing parmesan flavor that it stands heartily on its own. Using no yeast and a few common ingredients, this side dish can be pulled together in just minutes! If you are on the hunt for great bread recipes, make sure to try my spicy country cheese bread!
Italian Focaccia Bread
When someone says “let’s make homemade bread” the natural thought process that accompanies this, is “this is going to be complicated”. I am here to put your bread making worries at ease. This is, hands-down, one of the EASIEST bread recipes known to man. There is no yeast, no rising, no kneading. Just mix, season, and bake. That is it. This amazing bread will be ready in minutes, perfect as a pull-apart snacking bread (just add your favorite dipping solutions), or sliced and topped with your favorite sandwich toppings. I also have focaccia breadsticks you will love!
How to Make Italian Focaccia Bread
As with any bread, the use of a stand mixer greatly enhances the process and makes things so much simpler.
Form the dough: The first step is to drop your water, flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, and salt into your stand mixer. Attach the dough hook and turn it to medium. Once the dough is ready, it will form a ball and will not be sticking to the edges.
Bake: Moving to a large skillet, add oil and cover the entire base of the pan. Drop the dough into the pan and begin to stretch the dough out using the base of your hand. Its ok if it pulls back, keep pressing until you get about a 1/2 thickness. You will want to flip the dough so that the top side is oiled as well. Make sure there are no holes in the dough, season it with garlic salt and Italian seasoning and then pop it into the oven. After about 20 minutes, add the parmesan and let that melt in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the entire bread is a golden brown.
Serve: Focaccia bread is best served hot, but can be served cold later as well.
Italian Foccacia Bread
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup (25 g) parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook add water, flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, and salt. Mix on medium speed until dough forms a ball.
- Add the olive oil to a 12-inch skillet. Plop the dough into the oiled skillet and using your fingers, spread to a 1/2-inch thickness, making sure there are no holes. Season with, garlic salt, and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven. Bake until just golden, or about 5 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.