Lemon Chicken Pasta is a light and refreshing pasta dish that is full of shredded chicken and bursting with lemon flavor. It’s a quick and easy dinner idea that tastes just as good for leftovers! I call this 10 Minute Lemon Chicken because it cooks in just 10 minutes! (And 10 minutes of prep time, but close enough. 😉)
Easy Lemon Chicken Pasta (Easiest Ever!)
It’s amazing how a simple recipe can turn out to be a favorite recipe. Well, this dish ended up being one of those recipes. With just the right amount of carbohydrates and protein, it’s a complete meal in one dish.
Pasta: Use whatever pasta you have available. We love Gemelli. 🙂
Garlic: I encourage you to chop cloves of garlic and leave the jarred garlic at the store. (Unless you can find artisan or an excellent quality!)
Rotisserie Chicken: It’s easy to shred a rotisserie chicken, but sometimes the deli will have the chicken already shredded and ready to use.
How to Make Lemon Chicken Pasta
As I have said, this recipe is easy to make, but tastes so delicious! This pasta dish is a refreshing, but filling and satisfying meal.
- Start by preparing the pasta, following the directions on the box.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the garlic, cooking about a minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice, whipping cream, chicken, and black pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, and then add the cooked and drained pasta to the skillet, mixing everything together.
- Finally, stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve the dish hot, and add parsley for garnish.
Can I Add Vegetables to Lemon Chicken Pasta?
If you want vegetables in the pasta, and not just as a side dish, cut up the asparagus and add it to the Lemon Chicken Pasta. You could also add peas, corn, and garnish the dish with diced fresh tomatoes. (our favorite!)
You could also substitute drained chunk chicken, canned chicken, or grilled chicken for the rotisserie chicken if you have any of those on hand.
Lemon Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound (16-ounce box) Gemelli pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated and divided
- 3 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat salted water and cook gemeli pasta according to package directions (about 10-12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, chicken, and black pepper. Cook until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Drain pasta and add to skillet. (You should reserve a cup of pasta water just in case the sauce is too thick.)
- Add 1 cup of parmesan cheese, stir to combine.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.