Air Fryer Pickle Egg Rolls are egg roll wrappers filled with Havarti cheese and a dill pickle spear, air fried, and served with homemade sriracha ranch dipping sauce. Try my Air Fryer Southwest Egg Rolls for another air fryer appetizer.
Air Fryer Pickle Egg Rolls
These egg rolls are the perfect appetizer to serve at this year’s Super Bowl Party, or anytime you are gathering with friends and family. They are easy to put together and are fried to a nice, crispy texture in the air fryer! Serve these pickle egg rolls with your favorite beer or beverage. And, even though these egg rolls are delicious on their own, just wait until you dip one in the homemade sriracha ranch dipping sauce! YUM! As they say, when life gives you pickles, you ‘dill’ with it (or make this appetizer). And, I will also let you know how you can make these if you don’t have an air fryer.
Pickle Egg Rolls Ingredients
Pickles: Grab a jar of large dill pickles and cut a couple of them into spears. Or, you could make it even easier by just buying the dill pickle spears.
Egg Roll Wrappers: Look for the wrappers in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. I would not recommend using wonton wrappers in place of egg roll wrappers.
Cheese: Havarti cheese paired well with the pickles. We did not test other kinds of cheese, so I can’t say how that would affect the taste. (Why mess with a good thing?)
Dipping Sauce: The sauce is a mayonnaise-based sauce with milk, dry ranch seasoning mix, and sriracha sauce.
How to Make Air Fryer Pickle Egg Rolls
As I stated earlier, this is a tasty appetizer that would be great to serve for friends and family, or just when you are craving fried pickles! To get started, cut a couple of large dill pickles into spears. I cut two large pickles into four spears each for a total of eight. Next, set the spears on a paper towel and blot them dry. Then, set out the egg roll wrappers. Top each with a slice of Havarti cheese and a pickle spear. Wet the edges of the wrappers with pickle juice or water. Now, it’s time to fold.
To fold the egg roll, follow these steps:
- First, fold up the bottom corner to just over the pickle and roll once, folding in the pickle.
- Second, fold in the right and left corners of the wrapper to the center, lightly pressing to seal. (You may need to add more pickle juice or water to the edges and corners to help the wrapper stay folded.) It should now look like an open envelope.
- Finally, continue rolling until the pickle is fully wrapped inside of the egg roll, lightly pressing down with your finger to seal.
After you have put together a few of the egg rolls, place them in the basket of your air fryer. The size of your air fryer will determine how many batches you will need to cook. Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick cooking spray and air fry for 3-4 minutes at 400°F. Flip over the egg rolls, spray with more cooking spray, and air fry for another 3-4 minutes. Remove them from the air fryer and serve with the sriracha ranch dipping sauce.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
How to Make the Dipping Sauce
The Pickle Egg Rolls are delicious on their own, nice and crispy with the salty pickle in the center. However, when dipped into the mayonnaise-based dip, you will not want to stop! Even if you are not a huge fan of mayonnaise, you will probably still like this sauce. To make the sauce, simply whisk together the mayo, milk, dry ranch seasoning mix, and sriracha sauce. I added a tablespoon of sriracha, but you could double that amount if you want more of a kick to the sauce.
Can I Make these Egg Rolls in the Oven?
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, or it is tied up making other appetizers like Air Fryer Pizza Rolls or Air Fryer Armadillo Eggs, you can still make these egg rolls. To make them in the oven, preheat the oven to 400°F. Follow the instructions until the cooking time. Then, place the egg rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Flip over the egg rolls and bake another 8-10 minutes. You could spray the egg rolls with cooking spray to get them a little crispier.
Can I Fry the Egg Rolls?
Again, yes! If you want the pickle egg rolls to be extra crispy, you can always deep-fry them in oil. To do that, heat up about an inch of some oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot (about 350°F on a candy thermometer), add the egg rolls to the hot oil. Fry them for 1-2 minutes per side. Place the fried egg rolls on a paper towel to soak up any excess grease. And, if you have any oil left over after frying, be sure to check out How to Clarify Used Cooking Oil so it doesn’t go to waste!
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Pickle Egg Rolls
Pickle Egg Rolls
- 2 large whole dill pickles, quartered into spears (for a total of 8 spears)
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 8 slices Havarti cheese
- pickle juice, or water for wetting the edges of the egg rolls
Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- Set the pickle spears on a paper towel and blot dry.
- On a clean work surface, set out 8 egg roll wrappers.
- Top each with a slice of Havarti cheese and a pickle spear.
- Use the dill pickle juice or water to wet the edges of the egg roll and then tightly roll the egg roll wrapper around the pickle.
- To roll, first, fold up the bottom corner to just over the pickle and roll once, to fold in the pickle.
- Second, fold in the right and left corners of the wrapper to the center, lightly pressing to seal. (You may need to add more pickle juice to the edges and corners to help the wrapper stay folded.) It should now look like an open envelope.
- Continue rolling until the pickle is fully wrapped inside of the egg roll. Press to seal the edges.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F.*
- Place the egg rolls into the basket of your air fryer. (Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches.) Spray the tops of the egg rolls with nonstick cooking spray and air fry the egg rolls for 3-4 minutes. Flip them over, spray again with cooking spray, and air fry for another 3-4 minutes. Serve with sriracha ranch dipping sauce.
Sriracha Ranch Dipping Sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, ranch seasoning mix, and sriracha sauce. Whisk together until combined.
- Serve the pickle egg rolls with the sriracha ranch sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
I just tried these modified using cream cheese, mozzarella, avocado slices and Salad Supreme inside. Dipping sauce was mayo and sweet chili sauce. 😍