Roasted Bacon Potatoes are tender baby potatoes, perfectly roasted and topped with bacon pieces that are an easy side dish to serve with any meal. Serve them with this Pepper Crusted Beef Tenderloin and Roasted Parmesan Green Beans for a complete dinner idea.
Roasted Bacon Potatoes
With the low-carb craze that has been going on, potatoes sometimes get a bad rap. They are not as popular as they used to be, but I love the varieties of recipes that can be made with potatoes. Plus, they are not too expensive and they pack in a lot of health benefits. Potatoes can help with bone health, blood pressure, and lots of other things! Adding the bacon might not fit in with the health benefits, but it sure helps make these Roasted Bacon Potatoes a favorite!
Roasted Bacon Potatoes Recipe
When you think of potatoes, you might think of all the peeling and cutting and work that goes into a lot of potato recipes. But, with these Roasted Bacon Potatoes, you will use baby potatoes and no peeling or cutting is involved! It is an easy side dish to make and delicious to eat!
What Kind of Potato is Best for Roasting?
With the variety of potatoes out there, it’s hard to know which kind is best for which recipe. Generally, the starchier the potato, the better for frying. So, when roasting potatoes, look for a waxier potato, like a Yukon Gold potato, which you could cut up and use for this recipe. The nice thing is, you can still leave the skin on to save time from peeling the potatoes. For the Roasted Bacon Potatoes, I used baby potatoes, also known as ‘new potatoes’.
Roasted Bacon Potatoes
- 10 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 pounds baby potatoes
- ¼ cup (60 g) broth, chicken or beef
- ¼ cup (½ stick / 57 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1½ teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cook bacon for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy. Transfer the cooked bacon to a paper towel lined plate to cool. Reserve the bacon fat.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, add the potatoes. (Can also use a 9×13 casserole dish.)
- Pour ½ cup of the bacon fat over the cold potatoes, tossing to coat. (The potatoes will look 'waxy'.)
- Pour the broth and butter over the potatoes.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and parsley to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes at 425°F, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. (If there is a big difference in sizes, some of the smaller potatoes may be done sooner. Keep an eye on them.)
- Remove from the oven, and lightly stir the potatoes. Top with the cooked bacon pieces.
- Return to the oven for 5 more minutes to reheat the bacon. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.