Bacon Chicken Bites are a mixture of sweet caramelized brown sugar and the spicy heat of cayenne pepper that round out the savory and sweet tones to perfection! In case you want some more options for delicious appetizers, try my Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs and hot Jalapeno Corn Dip!
Bacon Chicken Bites
The key to mastering this ah-mazing little appetizer is to purchase the appropriate bacon. I know what you are thinking. Isn’t all bacon “appropriate”? Yes, I believe we are on the same page in terms of bacon always being an acceptable food option. However, if you are going to make this particular appetizer, I would strongly suggest getting the best quality bacon you can find. And, stick to thin-cut bacon (not thick-cut). The juices of the chicken and the bacon blend together and amp the spices of these chicken-wrapped bacon bites and take them to a whole new level. And, you can also make these in an air fryer!
Bacon Chicken Bites Ingredients
Chicken: Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized cubes.
Bacon: As stated above, choose good quality thin-cut bacon for best results.
Brown Sugar: The fat renders from the bacon and seeps into all of the seasonings and naturally carmelizes the brown sugar.
Onion Powder: Make your own onion powder if you don’t have any on hand.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
Once you get your bacon slices cut in half and your chicken cut into cubes, it’s easy to get this appetizer made and enjoyed! First, place the half-strips of bacon on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Use about half of the seasoning mixture to sprinkle on the bacon.
Next, wrap each chicken cube in the bacon. Then, season the bites with the remaining seasoning. Bake for 25 minutes; then, flip over the bacon-wrapped chicken bites and cook an additional 10 minutes (or until the bacon is crispy). Serve hot.
Can I Make these Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites in an Air Fryer?
Yes! In fact, when we tested these in the air fryer, they were just as delicious as baking them in the oven. To make them in an air fryer, follow the instructions up to baking them. Spray the basket of your air fryer with nonstick cooking spray, and, working in batches, place the bacon-wrapped bites in a single layer in the basket.
Air fry the bites at 375°F for 8-10 minutes, flipping the bites halfway through (after 4-5 minutes). Remove the bites from the air fryer and enjoy!
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- 1 ½ pounds bacon, thin-cut
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each bacon slice in half and place it on the lined baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Use about half of the seasoning mixture to season each piece of bacon.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon. Season each wrapped piece of the chicken with the remaining seasoning.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Flip over the bites. Bake for another 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.