This Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Cheeseball is a creamy ball of cheese, onions, jalapeno peppers, ranch seasoning, and bacon that is a flavorful dip to share. Try my Cranberry Pecan Cheese Ball, or Sausage Balls for other quick and tasty appetizers.
Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Cheeseball
Who doesn’t love a cheeseball loaded with amazing flavors? Plus, there is bacon in the dip as well as covering the outside of the cheeseball. This appetizer is quick to put together and can be served with crackers, pretzels, and toasted bread. I have to warn you…this dip is so addicting! I’ve had to walk away from it more than a few times at this point…
Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Cheeseball Ingredients
Bacon: You can cook the bacon ahead of time for this recipe. I will let you know how to bake bacon to save on the mess and clean-up time! Or, you could even whip up some air fryer bacon to use in this recipe.
Jalapeno: You have some control over the spiciness of the jalapenos you choose. The older the pepper, the spicier it will be. Looking at a pepper, the older ones will have stress marks, like little white lines or flecks on the flesh. The younger (less spicy) peppers will have clear shiny flesh.
Cheeses: I used cream cheese for the base of this cheese ball. I also added Monterey Jack cheese! It pairs so well with the bacon and jalapeno flavors.
How to Bake Bacon
This recipe calls for cooked and crumbled bacon. Set the oven temperature to 415°F and while it is preheating, lay the individual slices of bacon on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. (Yes, right on the pan! No rack needed.) They are perfectly crispy in 18-20 minutes. No flipping and easy cleanup! Then, when cool enough to touch, crumble the strips of bacon into little pieces. You can store cooked bacon for 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
Can I Make this into Cheeseball Bites?
You can definitely roll the cream cheese mixture into bite-sized cheese balls. And, I HIGHLY recommend it! Forming them into 1-inch sized balls makes it easy to pop one in your mouth or grab one to top your cracker. One thing to keep in mind is you may need to adjust the amount of bacon you need to get all the bites covered.
Bacon Ranch Jalapeno Cheeseball
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (226 g) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, diced
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 package (1 ounce / 2 tablespoons) dry ranch seasoning
- 10 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled, and divided
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the cheese, onions, jalapenos, and ranch seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Fold in half of the crumbled bacon.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, bringing all of the mixture into the center, forming a ball.
- Set out a 10×10-inch piece of plastic wrap.
- Grease your hands with butter or oil to prevent sticking and pick up the cheese mixture. Form it into a ball with your greased hands.
- Place the cheeseball onto the sheet of plastic wrap. Bring together the edges of the plastic wrap to seal the cheeseball. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for an hour, or until firm.
- Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap, and roll it into the remaining crumbled bacon.
- Serve with crackers or pretzels.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.