Bacon Spinach Dip is a rich and decadent cheesy dip that is topped with crumbled bacon for a perfect game-day or any day appetizer. Try my Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta to turn this appetizer into a meal!
Spinach Dip with Bacon
There is something so delicious about a warm, cheesy skillet dip. And, when it’s topped with bacon, it’s even better! This dip is bubbling with cheese and loaded with flavor and added hot sauce for a little kick. It’s easy to put it together and serve whenever you need an appetizer to share (or just indulge in by yourself)!
Bacon Spinach Dip Recipe
This is best made in a cast-iron skillet, but you could also make it in a greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
How to Bake Bacon
For recipes like this, that call for cooked bacon, I always bake it. To bake bacon, set the oven temperature to 415°F and while it is preheating, lay out the individual slices of bacon on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. (Yes, right on the pan! No rack needed.) They are perfectly crispy in 18-20 minutes. No flipping and easy cleanup!
Then, when the bacon has cooled enough, crumble the strips of bacon into little pieces. You can store cooked bacon for 4-5 days in the refrigerator in a properly sealed container. Use this trick for other recipes calling for bacon like my Cheesy Bacon Chicken Pinwheels. Yes, more of that cheese and bacon combo that goes together so well!
How to Make Bacon Spinach Dip
Once the bacon has been cooked and crumbled, it’s time to get the dip made. First, mix together the spinach, garlic, onion, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and optional hot sauce in a large bowl.
Next, pour the mixture into the oven-safe skillet or baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 400°F for 20-22 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Then, set the oven to broil and cook an additional 5 minutes to get the cheese golden brown.
Serve warm with toasted baguettes, vegetables, crackers, chips, or pita chips. Once you introduce a cheesy gooey fabulous recipe like this into your life, how can you not indulge in it as often as possible?
Bacon Spinach Dip
- 10 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped (or frozen, thawed, and squeezed)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 teaspoons hot sauce, optional
- toasted baguettes, for dipping
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, garlic, onion, sour cream, cream cheese, milk, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and optional hot sauce. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into an oven-safe, 9-inch skillet. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Then, set the oven to broil and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Top with cooked and crumbled bacon, and serve warm with toasted baguettes, vegetables, crackers, or chips.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.