Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta combines a creamy and delicious spinach dip with seasoned chicken and perfectly cooked penne noodles. Your favorite appetizer is now a meal! Make some no yeast breadsticks or country garlic cheese bread to go along with it!
Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta
Quick, cheesy, and addicting is what this Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta is all about. Making one batch would be enough to feed four, BUT everyone wants seconds, so I pretty much have to make FOUR batches at a time! Believe me when I say you won’t have any trouble getting rid of any leftovers. Recipes like this are key for your weeknight dinner arsenal. Quick and easy is really the name of the game when you are trying to balance your time effectively. It doesn’t get easier than this. If you are looking to make this whole thing from scratch, I have one more recommendation. I absolutely love rotisserie chicken. I love the flavor and how tender and juicy the chicken gets after being slowly roasted. My crockpot version of rotisserie chicken is one that I use ALL of the time. This recipe needs to be modified slightly (just remove the extra potatoes and carrots). If you can swing that, this is the perfect addition to this already amazing recipe!
Spinach Artichoke Pasta
Another variation of this amazing recipe includes the addition of artichoke hearts. If you are a fan of spinach artichoke dip, you really can’t go wrong and also, you should check out this skillet spinach artichoke dip recipe. When I was making this recipe I didn’t have any artichoke hearts so I just opted to skip that. If you are planning to use them I would quarter them at a minimum, otherwise, I think they get a little too bulky. I actually chop them up pretty fine because I don’t want any whining:). If you like them a little bigger, then, by all means, toss them in whole!
Crockpot Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta
Literally, the only thing that would make this recipe even better is coming home to it already prepared. You can totally do that. The crock pot version of this just needs a tiny bit of tending at the end. Throw everything except the noodles into the slow cooker and set it for 4 hours (on high). When you get home, you will just need to cook the noodles and toss them in. Simple and delicious! I have done it this way before and if you like a little something extra, top it with some additional cheese, let it melt and serve it up. No one ever complains about extra cheese around here!
Looking for More Chicken Recipes?
Chicken is kind of a weeknight staple around our house. As I said, there are a few (like this one) that are on the regular rotation. Here are some of my other favorites:
CHEESY SPINACH DIP CHICKEN PASTA
Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta combines a creamy and delicious spinach dip with seasoned chicken and perfectly cooked penne noodles. Your favorite appetizer is now a meal!
- 1/2 pound uncooked penne rigate
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup half and half or milk, room temperature
- 1 package dry Ranch mix
- 5 ounces frozen spinach thawed and squeezed of liquid
- 1 pound cooked skinless chicken breast or thigh or any leftover chicken, shredded
- 1 and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese,
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 8x11 baking pan.
- Cook the penne according to package instructions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sour cream, cream cheese, half and half, and Ranch mix until smooth. Stir in the spinach and chicken until evenly distributed.
- Stir in the penne until combined and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
DID YOU MAKE Cheesy Spinach Dip Chicken Pasta?
Photography by The PKP Way.