Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells are an easy-to-make dinner idea that is loaded with cheese, chicken, and kicked up a notch with homemade buffalo sauce. If you love stuffed shells, be sure to check out my Three Cheese Stuffed Shells! (a fan favorite!)
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
As soon as I made and tasted my Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese, I knew I had to make more pasta loaded with cheese and buffalo chicken! These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells did not disappoint, and they are easy to make! I have been on a stuffed shells kick lately, and these would have to be near, or at, the top of my list of favorites.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells Ingredients
Rotisserie chicken: Storebought or homemade rotisserie chicken is perfect in this recipe!
Dry ranch seasoning: I have a homemade recipe that you should definitely try! If not, about 2 tablespoons of my seasoning are equal to one 1-ounce package of store-bought seasoning.
Buffalo sauce: Be sure to buy buffalo sauce, not simply hot sauce for this recipe. If you want to make your own buffalo sauce, I have the perfect recipe for you! The nice thing about homemade sauce is that it can be made a little hotter or not as hot, depending on your tolerance.
Ranch dressing: I have a homemade ranch dressing that would be wonderful drizzled on the Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells. Blue cheese dressing is also a favorite when it comes to buffalo chicken recipes.
Can I Freeze Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells?
The answer is YES! Isn’t it great when you can prepare a meal ahead of time and just take it out of the freezer when you are ready to make it? I feel so accomplished when I have at least one meal prepped for the week! To freeze Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells, simply prepare the meal following the instructions (don’t drizzle with ranch dressing or buffalo sauce, wait until it’s hot to do that!), but don’t bake it. The only difference is to place the stuffed shells in a 9×13 inch aluminum pan. Cover it with aluminum foil and don’t forget to write the name of the dish and the instructions, along with the date. When you are ready to bake it, take it out of the freezer, uncover it, and bake it for 45-60 minutes at 350°F. This will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Fruire! (Enjoy!)
How to Store
Leftover Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If stored properly, these will last up to four days.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Shells
- 12 ounces (340 g) jumbo shells, cooked al dente according to package directions
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 tablespoons homemade dry ranch seasoning, or 1 1/2 (1-ounce) packages store-bought ranch seasoning
- ½ cup (128 g) buffalo sauce
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (113 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (113 g) white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing, for topping
- 2 tablespoons buffalo sauce, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce, cream cheese, ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, and pepper until well combined.
- Stuff each jumbo shell with the chicken mixture and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the remaining mozzarella and the white cheddar cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and buffalo sauce.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.