One Pan Chicken Taco Pasta is made with macaroni, chicken, cream cheese, black beans, tomatoes, and corn, topped with cheese, and baked in one dish. It’s a hearty meal that is as easy to put together as it is delicious! If this sounds good to you, give my Creamy Chicken Taco Soup a try!
One Pan Chicken Taco Casserole
If you need to get a meal ready that will satisfy and feed the entire family, this One Pan Chicken Taco Pasta is the recipe for you! Seriously, it is so flavorful and most of the work is just opening the cans of vegetables; the oven does the rest. It’s like a pan of chicken tacos with all of the fixings and macaroni.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Pasta: Look for an 8-ounce box of macaroni noodles. You could also use tube pasta like penne or rigatoni, just to name a couple. Or, be ambitious and make your own homemade pasta!
Seasonings & Spices: You can’t have a taco dish without taco seasoning. If you don’t have any on hand, make your own! You will also need cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Chicken: I love using rotisserie chicken in recipes. It is already cooked and can sometimes be bought already shredded. Plus, I have a recipe for slow cooker rotisserie chicken that works perfectly, too. You could also use canned chicken.
Vegetables: Grab canned black beans, diced tomatoes, and sweet corn. If preferred, you could use pinto beans, white beans, or cannellini beans in place of black beans. And, for a little kick, try diced tomatoes with green chilis or go spicier with red hot diced tomatoes.
Enchilada Sauce: Use green enchilada sauce, which is made with green chilis for a little heat. In a pinch, you can use homemade enchilada sauce, but you will want to add heat as red enchilada sauce is not as hot.
Can I Make This Without Chicken?
Sure! If you are looking for a vegetarian dish, simply leave out the chicken. In place of it, you could add an extra can of beans or corn or both! The consistency may be a bit soupier, but it will still be delicious!
How to Store One Pan Chicken Taco Casserole
Store leftover One Pan Chicken Taco Pasta in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. You can freeze leftovers for about a month.
One Pan Chicken Taco Casserole
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed, room temperature
- 1 packet (2 tablespoons) taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2½ cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) sweet corn, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- jalapeno pepper, sliced for garnish
- cilantro, chopped for garnish
- lime wedges, for garnish
- sour cream, for garnish
- tortilla chips, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add dry pasta to the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with cubed cream cheese.
- In a small bowl mix together the taco seasoning, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over the cream cheese and macaroni.
- Top with rotisserie chicken, black beans, tomatoes (with juices), sweet corn, and enchilada sauce. Make sure the noodles are completely covered. Do not stir the mixture.
- Cover with foil and transfer to the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and mix everything together in the pan. Top with cheese and transfer back to the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and noodles are cooked through.
- Let the dish cool slightly before serving. Top with fresh jalapeno, lime, sour cream, and/or tortilla chips.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.