Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites are an easy, but tasty appetizer that is flavored with everything seasoning and fried for flavorful bite-sized finger food. I couldn’t stop grabbing one each time I walked by the pile of them on the plate. Let’s just say the pile is no longer a pile. Anyway, with just four simple ingredients, you can have these ready to munch on any time! And, you can even make these in an air fryer! Try my Cheesy Bacon Chicken Pinwheels for another party appetizer.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Tortillas: I used plain flour tortillas for this recipe. But, you could certainly try some flavored tortillas (maybe a jalapeno or sundried tomato tortilla) next time.
Cream cheese: For easy spreading, room-temperature cream cheese is best.
Everything seasoning: Everything seasoning, also known as everything bagel seasoning, can be found with other spices at the grocery store. Or, make homemade for the most flavor!
Butter: I prefer unsalted butter for frying the tortilla bite. If making cream cheese tortilla bites in the air fryer, melt the butter to brush over each before air frying.
Can I Make Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites Ahead Of Time?
Sure! You can certainly get these tortilla bites filled, rolled, and cut a day in advance. After rolling and cutting, store the bites in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator. When ready to pan-fry or air fry the bites, take them out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for a few minutes. Then, fry as instructed.
How To Store Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
To store cream cheese tortilla bites, first, let them cool to room temperature. Then, refrigerate the bites or freeze them.
To Refrigerate: Store the bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. Reheat the bites in the oven or an air fryer to best restore the crispiness. If reheated in the microwave, the tortilla bites may lose their crispiness.
To Freeze: To freeze, first, let the bites cool to room temperature. Then, store them in a freezer-safe container for up to 1-2 months. Reheat directly from frozen, no need to thaw first.
Cream Cheese Tortilla Bites
- Divided equally, spread the cream cheese evenly over the tops of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of everything seasoning. Roll up the tortillas and cut into 1-inch bites. (I cut off the ends and cut the remaining into 6 pieces for a total of 36 bites. You could definitely use the ends, too.)
- In a large frying pan over medium heat*, melt butter. Add the bites and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and repeat with the opposite side.
- Serve warm.
- Assemble the tortilla bites as instructed.
- Melt butter.
- Brush melted butter over the bites.
- Place them in a single layer in your air fryer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to work in batches.
- Air fry the tortilla bites for 5-6 minutes at 400°F. You can flip the bites halfway through the cooking time, but don’t worry about it if you don’t; they will still be amazing!
- Serve warm.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.