Grilling season is in full swing, and with Labor Day quickly approaching, keep that grill heated up to make these Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs. These are so good to eat and best of all, the clean-up will be quick and painless so you can spend more time with your friends and family! Add my Grilled Corn on the Cob to complete the meal, and don’t forget dessert. One of my summer favorites is my Fresh Strawberry Pie no-bake dessert.
Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs
We all know that summertime is the time for grilling and neighborhood cookouts. Summer is also the time to hang out with friends and family over good food and drinks. But, who wants to clean up after a meal and miss out on all the fun? Or, spend the entire day prepping for a meal you have to just as soon clean up? I sure don’t! That is why these Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs are so great! Not only are they perfect for the grill, but the clean-up is a breeze, and the prep can be done ahead of time so you don’t have to miss any of the action or conversation. Did I mention that the foil packs are also great for your next camping adventure? Cook them over the fire for a true outdoor camping experience.
Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs Ingredients
These Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs are surprisingly easy to put together, and they are SO good! Most of the spices you probably have in your kitchen already, and your fresh zucchini would be perfect for this recipe!
- Shrimp: Use shrimp that is deveined and peeled, with the tail on. Having the shell removed allows for the spices to penetrate the shrimp for added flavor. If you buy frozen shrimp, let it thaw completely or run cold water over the shrimp before you toss the shrimp in the mixture.
- Andouille sausage: This sausage adds a cajun flavor to your foil pack and pairs well with the shrimp. You can substitute a kielbasa or Spanish chorizo sausage, but those won’t give you that cajun flare.
- Zucchini: (Courgette) We obviously prefer to use our garden zucchini, but if you have to purchase at the supermarket, select medium-sized zucchini that are firm and feel heavy for their size. They should be green or yellow with shiny skin.
- Red Peppers
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Freshly chopped Parsley
- Heavy-Duty Aluminum Foil: Always choose the heavy-duty aluminum foil when you are grilling your foil packs. They help lock in the moisture and flavor, so you definitely don’t want it to tear! Also, when you are grilling over a campfire, you need the thicker foil to stand up to the heat.
How to Make Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs
The only prep you really have to do is cut up the sausages, peppers, and zucchini. Thickly slice the sausages, and cut your zucchini in half, slicing those into thinner slices. Next, cut the red peppers into chunks. Now, mix together all the ingredients, except for the freshly chopped parsley, until everything is evenly coated.
Preparing to Grill the Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs
Prepare the grill to medium-high heat (about 425°F) while you fill the aluminum foil with your shrimp and sausage concoction. I made four foil packs with the amount I had, but you could spread it out if you wanted smaller portions. Fold the long sides of the foil together over the top of the mixture, turning it over twice to seal the contents. Fold up the ends and seal the packet closed. Repeat for your other foil packs, and put them on the grill for 10-14 minutes. The shrimp should be a nice pink color when cooked or check for a temperature of 120°F.
When serving the Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs, carefully open the foil packs and top with your fresh parsley. Serve them hot and enjoy the time with your friends and family!
Looking for More Grilling Recipes?
Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs
Grilling season is in full swing, and with Labor Day quickly approaching, keep that grill heated up to make these Garlic Shrimp and Sausage Foil Packs. These are so good to eat and best of all, the clean-up will be quick and painless so you can spend more time with your friends and family!
- 1 package (16 ounces) shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 1 pound andouille sausages, thickly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 red peppers, cut into one-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup (57g) melted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat (about 425° F)
- Place 4-6 large pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the counter (about 18” long)
- In a large bowl, toss together the shrimp, sausage, red peppers, butter, garlic, oregano, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika until everything is evenly coated.
- Divide the mixture between the four pieces of foil, piling it in the centre of each piece.
- Fold the long sides of the foil together over the top of the mixture, turning it over twice to seal the contents. Fold up the ends and seal the packet closed.
- Repeat for all the packets.
- Place the foil packets on the grill and cook undisturbed for 10-14 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- Open the foil packets carefully and serve hot with chopped parsley