Glazed Apple Cinnamon bread is soft and moist with an incredible apple flavor consuming every last bite! Second to the flavor, will be how easy it is to make this amazing bread recipe! You may also like my Chocolate Chip Banana Bread!
Glazed Apple Cinnamon Bread
We enjoy this glazed apple cinnamon bread for breakfast, but it could also be replaced as a dessert. A slice in the morning is delicious with a cup of coffee and a slice after supper is divine with ice cream! The bread is soft and moist, with an incredible apple flavor in every bite. Topped with the incredibly addicting apple glaze and you have yourself a finger-lickin’ good treat! You will be surprised how easy it is to pull together. This dish will become a staple treat in your house! We love to bring it as a dish for a potluck. No one is expecting something like this!
Apple Cinnamon Bread
I love bread. Like, love it. This one is different though. Just take a quick scan of the ingredients. What do you notice? Hopefully, you saw what every non-bread maker notices. No yeast. That is what attracted me in the first place. You would think with all of my homesteading that I would be patient, but I like a little instant gratification just like the rest of you. No yeast means no waiting. I am all in on that!
Another quick win (and I do mean quick), this recipe does not require chopping up apples. If you want to go that route you certainly can! However, this recipe calls for applesauce. Since we make applesauce annually, we are always looking for ways to use it up before it expires. This is an amazing way to use up our applesauce and enjoy a tasty treat!
Looking for more dessert recipes?
Love this Apple recipe? Try the BEST Apple Crisp!
GLAZED APPLE CINNAMON BREAD
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose our
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, sour cream, oil, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add the wet sugar mixture to the flour mixture and mix gently by hand until ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
- While loaf is cooling, make the glaze. Stir together the powdered sugar and applesauce until smooth. Pour over cooled loaf and let glaze set for a few minutes. Slice and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Did you Make Glazed Apple Cinnamon Bread?
Photography by The PKP Way.