Honey BBQ Meatloaf is a tender and flavorful meatloaf made with ground beef and ground pork with a sweet honey barbecue glaze on top. For the same great flavors in homemade meatballs, try my Honey BBQ Meatballs recipe.
Honey BBQ Meatloaf
The combination of ground beef and ground pork helps this meatloaf be the juiciest and tasty meatloaf you can make. It is delicious on its own, but the added homemade honey bbq sauce makes this comfort food even better!
Again, the blending of 2 pounds of ground beef with a pound of ground pork really steps up a standard meatloaf recipe. (I also used a combination of ground beef and pork in my melt-in-your-mouth Swedish Meatloaf.) The remaining ingredients are pretty common in meatloaf, but important.
Eggs: Eggs help bind the meat together, as well as add flavor and moisture.
Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs are important for the texture of meatloaf. Not only do they also help bind the loaf together (like eggs), but they also soak up juices from the meat. This gives you a moist meatloaf. Look for fresh breadcrumbs (found in the bakery department).
How to Store BBQ Meatloaf
Leftover cooked meatloaf will last 1-2 days, sealed in an airtight container, in the refrigerator. Be sure to let it cool completely before storing it in the fridge.
Honey BBQ Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup (50 g) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup (122.5 g) milk
- ½ cup (54 g) fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (280 g) barbecue sauce
- ⅓ cup (113 g) honey
- ⅓ cup grape jelly
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Spray a large loaf pan (6½ x 10-inch) with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, beaten eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix together until just combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, breadcrumbs, garlic, and onion.
- Add milk mixture to the meat mixture being careful not to overwork ingredients.
- Add the meat mixture to the prepared loaf pan, pressing the meat in tightly.
- In a separate bowl, combine barbecue sauce, honey, and grape jelly. Mix well.
- Spread half of the bbq mixture over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Spread the rest of the sauce over the meatloaf.
- Bake for 20 more minutes. The meatloaf is done when its internal temperature is 160°F.
- Allow the dish cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.