Pickle Pizza is a unique and delicious take on pizza made with a homemade thin pizza crust topped with garlic sauce, dill pickles, and both mozzarella and parmesan cheese. If you enjoy pickles, you’ll definitely love this pizza. And, even if you’re not a fan of pickles, give it a try! The flavor combination is sure to impress. Try my Dill Pickle Dip for another delicious pickle-based recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Crust: I prefer my homemade thin pizza crust. It is super simple, doesn’t require rise time, and is ready in under 30 minutes. You could also buy pizza dough at the store. If you prefer a thicker crust, you will have to increase the baking time.
Garlic Sauce: This homemade garlic sauce is AMAZING, but it isn’t just for pizzas. In fact, it is a delicious dipping sauce and can give everything from bread to chicken some added flavor!
Pickles: Thinly sliced dill pickles were preferred on this pizza. But, you can cut them as thick as you would like! You could also buy dill pickle chips.
Cheese: I used shredded mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese on top of the pizza.
Additional Toppings: If you like protein on your pizza, add some ham or Canadian bacon!
Can I Make Pickle Pizza Ahead of Time?
You can certainly get parts of the pizza made ahead of time. The garlic sauce can be made and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. As for the crust dough, it can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- ¾ cup (172.5 g) sour cream
- ¼ cup (58 g) mayonnaise
- 1-2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 package (13 ounces) thin-crust pizza dough, or homemade pizza dough
- 2-3 dill pickles, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (113 g) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup (25 g) parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients until creamy and smooth.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a 12-inch circle. You can use a pizza stone or baking sheet. I like to line mine with parchment.
- Top with the garlic sauce, sliced pickles, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the crust is golden brown. Let the pizza sit for about 3 minutes before cutting and serving.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.