Queso Dip is a warm, cheesy dip that is loaded with seasoned ground beef and sausage, cream cheese, Velveeta cheese, tomatoes, beans, and creamy soups, all blended and cooked in a large skillet. Try my White Bean Chili Cheese Dip for another cheesy dip, but with chicken.
Queso Dip is a classic dip that is perfect for game day, parties, gatherings, and pot lucks. It’s a cheesy and hearty dip that is usually the first to be eaten over other dips and appetizers. Having both ground beef and ground sausage makes it a hearty dip that is perfect on tortilla chips. I could actually just eat a spoonful of it without any chips.
Queso Dip Recipe
This is a skillet dip that is made on the stovetop, but I will let you know how you could make this in a slow cooker as well.
Ingredients (full recipe below)
- Ground beef
- Ground sausage
- Onion powder–Make your own homemade onion powder for this recipe!
- Garlic powder
- Seasoned salt
- Velveeta cheese
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Tomato soup
- Diced tomatoes
- Chili beans
- Jalapeno peppers
Before serving, I recommend squeezing a splash of freshly-squeezed lime juice over the dip for a little extra pizzazz!
How to Make Queso Dip
This recipe was made in a skillet, but I will also let you know how to make it in a slow cooker. To get started, brown the ground beef and ground sausage in a large skillet over medium heat. You could also substitute ground turkey in the mix. After the meat has been browned (no pinkish pieces remaining), drain it and season it with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
Then, decrease the heat to medium-low and add the Velveeta cheese, cream cheese, cheddar cheese soup, cream of chicken soup, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and chili beans. Cook on medium-low until everything has been melted together. Stir it occasionally and serve warm with tortilla chips.
If you want to make it ahead of time, just store it in a covered container in the refrigerator and heat it up the next day, either in the microwave, on the stovetop, or in a crockpot on the warm or low setting (checking and stirring frequently).
How to Make Queso Dip in a Slow Cooker
It’s easy to make this dip in a slow cooker. First, brown and drain the ground beef and ground sausage. Next, season the beef and sausage with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
Then, add the browned and seasoned meat and all the other ingredients that go into the dip into your slow cooker. Finally, cook on low for 1-2 hours. Change the setting to warm, making sure to stir it once in a while if you are not serving it right away.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 block (32 ounces) Velveeta cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) tomato soup
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, drained
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- jalapeno peppers, for garnish
- tomatoes, for garnish
- tortilla chips, for dipping
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef and ground sausage over medium heat until browned (no pink remaining).
- Drain the meat, and then season it with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and seasoned salt.
- Decrease the heat to medium-low.
- Add the Velveeta, cream cheese, cheddar cheese soup, cream of chicken soup, tomato soup, diced tomatoes, and chili beans to the skillet with the seasoned beef.
- Cook on medium-low for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley, jalapenos, and tomatoes.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
This TikTok Queso recipe was inspired by @lindyfinlay on TikTok.