Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are an easy and delicious way to serve fajitas with the vegetables and chicken all cooked together on one sheet pan. Try my Chicken Tortilla Casserole for another seasoned chicken favorite!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
Sheet pan meals seem to be all the rage right now. They are easy to put together and an easy clean-up! But, just because they are easy to make doesn’t mean they lack flavor. These fajitas have tender chicken with all the seasonings and veggies needed to pile on a flour tortilla with all your favorite toppings.
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
Chicken: I prefer chicken breasts cut into thin strips for this recipe. You can also buy chicken cut up, ready to go if you prefer.
Vegetables: Add the veggies you love for these fajitas. I added bell peppers and onions. But, you could spice things up with jalapeno peppers as well!
Seasonings: The seasonings blend well with both the chicken and the veggies so you get the flavor in every bite.
How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
As I stated, sheet pan meals are the way to go, and these fajitas are no exception! To make the fajitas, line a pan with parchment paper and place the chicken, peppers, and onions on the parchment. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil with all of the seasonings. Drizzle the oil and seasonings mixture over the chicken and veggies. Toss to coat everything evenly.
Bake for 10 minutes at 400°F. After ten minutes, stir the chicken and vegetables before baking them for an additional 5 minutes. Set the oven on broil for 2-3 minutes at the end of baking to crisp things up a bit. Remove from the oven and serve in flour tortillas, topped with cheese, fresh pico de gallo, sour cream, and all of your favorite toppings! You could really load them up with added Avocado Corn Salsa!
The fajitas are super flavorful eaten right off the pan, so that is another way to enjoy this easy-to-make, easy clean-up dinner. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Chicken Recipes
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place chicken, onion, and peppers in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, sugar, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Drizzle oil and seasonings mixture over the chicken and veggies. Toss to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then, stir the chicken and vegetables on the pan and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Broil on high for 2-3 minutes just to crisp up the chicken and vegetables. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve on flour tortillas with fresh pico de gallo, cheese, sour cream, and more of your preferred fajita toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Do you have a recipe using hamburger season with Mexican taco seasoning OR sloppy joe mix and served on tortilla chips? Because I just purchased a bag of tortilla chips on sale for $2, OR less and can’t find another way of eating it except make a meal out of it!
Kinda – https://iamhomesteader.com/sloppy-joe-nachos/
This was so good !
These were delicious! I will be putting this into rotation.
Thank you for this easy weeknight recipe! Tried it with taco seasoning (had it on hand) and it was delicious!
Love this recipe , can’t wait to try it !
Looks Delicious and very easy to make!