Air Fryer Grilled Cheese is an air-fried sandwich made with lots of cheese between slices of brioche bread. Try my Crispy Grilled Cheese Sandwich for a grilled sandwich made with even more cheese!
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
My air fryer has been getting used A LOT, from carrots to french fries to shrimp and even homemade cheesy tater tots, just to name a few! And, now, I can add this Air Fryer Grilled Cheese to that growing list of recipes. The sandwich takes just a few minutes to put together and it comes out crispy with ooey-gooey cheese!
Ingredients and Substitutions
With only three ingredients, you can whip up, I mean air fry, this sandwich in no time!
Bread: Brioche bread was the perfect choice for this grilled cheese sandwich. It is a rich and buttery bread that is somewhat of a pastry and bread combo. You can, of course, use whatever bread you prefer.
Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise (full-fat) was used in the sandwiches for a crisp, golden-brown crust
Cheese: I prefer shredded cheddar, but use whatever cheese is your favorite!
How to Make Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
To get this cheesy sandwich made, first, preheat your air fryer to 350°F and line the basket with parchment paper. Next, equally spread the mayonnaise on the tops of all four slices of bread. (It was about a tablespoon of mayo per slice.) Then, place two slices, mayonnaise side down, into the basket of the air fryer.
Top the slices of bread with about a cup of shredded cheese each. Finally, place the other two slices of bread on top, mayonnaise side up. Air fry for about 5 minutes; then, flip over the sandwiches and cook an additional 3 minutes. Remove the sandwiches from the air fryer and serve with a bowl of Roasted Tomato Soup for a hearty lunch or satisfying dinner.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices brioche bread (or bread of your choice)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- Preheat an air fryer to 350°F and line the basket with parchment paper.
- Spread a tablespoon of mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place two slices of bread, mayonnaise side down, into the lined basket of the air fryer.
- Top each slice with a cup of shredded cheese and another slice of bread, mayonnaise side up.
- Air fry for 5 minutes. Flip the sandwiches over, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from air fryer and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.