This blackberry chicken salad is full of fresh and juicy blackberries and drizzled over with a blackberry balsamic vinegar dressing. Load on the roasted chicken to make the salad a meal.
Blackberry Chicken Salad
This salad is a textural delight! Walnuts add crunch, avocado adds creaminess, and red onions add a little kick. Blackberries are in full bloom this summer, so naturally, you HAVE to add them to your summer salads. The sweet dressing over savory and succulent chicken strips will keep your eaters coming back for seconds!
Just look a the texture of that dressing, can’t you just taste the flavor! This sweet and savory salad needs to be on your dinner table, pronto! The dressing is so good and so easy to prepare. You mash up some of the extra blackberries and mix with the other simple ingredients which include:
- Dijon Mustard
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Soy Sauce
I like to make extra for lunches throughout the week.
How to Make Blackberry Chicken Salad
Throwing a good quality salad together isn’t difficult. Even with this beautiful piece of art! Simply saute the chicken. We like to use cast iron because it promotes uniform heat and typically cooks the chicken a little better than a frying pan. Set it aside, throw a tin foil tent on it to hold the heat in. Next, grab yourself a large bowl and add the spring lettuce mix, on top you will arrange the blackberries, avocado, onion, and walnuts, set that aside while you prepare the balsamic dressing. Combine all dressing ingredients (except the salt and pepper). Use a fork to mash the blackberries (this releases the sweet flavor as well). Season with salt and pepper. Now, slice up your chicken and set it over the salad and drizzle on your dressing and enjoy
Looking for More Salad Recipes?
BLACKBERRY BALSAMIC CHICKEN SALAD
- 1/2 pound chicken breasts
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the chicken in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked through. Tent with foil and let rest while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Add the spring mix lettuce to a large bowl. Arrange the blackberries, avocado, red onion, and walnuts on top of the bed of lettuce. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients except for the salt and pepper. Use a fork to mash the blackberries to release the juices. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the cooked chicken and set over the salad. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Adapted from Closet Cooking. Photography by The PKP Way.