This blackberry chicken salad is full of fresh and juicy blackberries and drizzled over with a blackberry balsamic vinegar dressing. Load on the roasted chicken to make the salad a meal.
Blackberry Chicken Salad
This salad is a textural delight! Walnuts add crunch, avocado adds creaminess, and red onions add a little kick. Blackberries are in full bloom this summer, so naturally, you HAVE to add them to your summer salads. The sweet dressing over savory and succulent chicken strips will keep your eaters coming back for seconds!
Just look a the texture of that dressing, can’t you just taste the flavor! This sweet and savory salad needs to be on your dinner table, pronto! The dressing is so good and so easy to prepare.
More Delicious Salads
Blackberry Balsamic Chicken Salad
- ½ pound boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup fresh blackberries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute the chicken in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked through. Tent with foil and let rest while preparing the rest of the salad.
- Add the spring mix lettuce to a large bowl. Arrange the blackberries, avocado, red onion, and walnuts on top of the bed of lettuce. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients except for the salt and pepper. Use a fork to mash the blackberries to release the juices. Whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the cooked chicken and set over the salad. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Adapted from Closet Cooking. Photography by The PKP Way.
This is our favorite Salad! We eat it once a week as it is so delicious. My husband calls it the $205salad as it says it would cost at least this much to order out per plate.
This is excellent! I pulsed the dressing in a food processor to make it slightly faster. I also added some smoked mushrooms but other than that, kept to the recipe 100%. Yummy!
How many calories per serving?
This recipe was fantastic! I made some modifications.
Took out walnuts (I don’t like them) and added a lighted toasted crouton from fresh bread to keep it light.
Added raspberries with the black berries fro more color.
Everything else I kept the same. Amazing.
Best summer recipe I’ve made! I subbed raspberries for blackberries, and wheatberries for the walnuts, and it was fantastic. Great dressing. Thanks for the recipe!
can you send receipies
This looks and sounds amazing, have got to try it for real…
I should have said, the Blackberry Chicken Salad looks and sounds amazing. will try is very soon.