Instant Pot recipes have been requested by many readers… and I decided to try a Chicken Pot Pie Soup! So glad I did. It is loaded with vegetables and the most tender chicken, and I love that it is ready to eat when you are! Topped with a homemade garlic cheesy biscuit makes this meal a go-to recipe for my family.
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I am sure you have heard your friends and family rave about the Instant Pot–what it can do, I mean, there is nothing it can’t do according to its most enthusiastic owners! Well, I have to agree it is pretty amazing. How many times have you wondered what to have for dinner or forgot to take out the meat from the freezer? The Instant Pot is here to save you! I would have to say that it makes a pretty darn good Chicken Pot Pie Soup as well!
Insta-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
There is a bit of chopping and dicing in this recipe, but once you get that done, it’s only a matter of minutes before you have a hearty, delicious soup to serve! Just look at all those fresh ingredients going into this hearty soup. Topped with homemade cheesy garlic biscuits, this meal is perfect for those chilly nights!
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Once you have chopped all the ingredients for this soup, it is ready to cook! Simply put all the ingredients into the bowl of the pot, topped with the cream of chicken soups.
- Lock the lid.
- Close the pressure valve.
- Cook on manual high for 4 minutes (AFTER the Instant Pot has heated up for about 10 minutes)
The 4-minute timer won’t start for about ten minutes. After the four-minute cook time, the Instant Pot will beep. Wait for another 10 minutes before you open the pressure valve and serve the soup in a big soup bowl or a soup mug. The only problem with how fast this cooks is it barely gives you time to make those homemade garlic cheesy biscuits that you really should make! Enjoy! Oh, and as a side note, if you make the biscuits too far ahead of time, there may not be any left for the soup…just sayin’😉
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrots, chopped
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- 1 ½ cups potato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces) cream of chicken, condensed soup
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) biscuits, baked
- Place onion, carrots, celery, potato, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken stock, chicken, peas, and corn into the bowl of an instant pot. Stir to combine. Top with chicken soup.
- Lock lid and close the pressure valve. Set the instant pot to "MANUAL HIGH" for 4 minutes Select "Start". The timer will start once the instant pot reaches the necessary internal temperature (about 10 minutes). Once the 4 minutes is complete, the instant pot will beep to indicate that cooking is complete.
- Do not open the pressure valve. This recipe requires a natural pressure release. This process takes about 10 minutes. At the end of the ten minutes, release the pressure valve and open the lid.
- Serve topped with a biscuit.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.