Lemon Chicken Stuffed Manicotti is a cheesy and rich pasta dish that is loaded with chicken and asparagus and topped with a creamy lemon sauce. For another lemon-flavored pasta dish, try my Lemon Chicken Pasta.
Lemon Chicken Stuffed Manicotti
I am a huge fan of stuffed pasta. It satisfies my carb cravings, and it is so fun to fill giant pasta with tasty ingredients. When you can add a vegetable into the mix, it actually makes me feel a little better about diving into the creamy and cheesy goodness.
Lemon Chicken Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
There are three main parts to Lemon Chicken Stuffed Manicotti–the noodles, the filling, and the lemon sauce. You can even make your own rotisserie chicken to use in this recipe!
How to Make Lemon Chicken Stuffed Manicotti
It’s all about getting the noodles cooked al dente in order to stuff them with the chicken mixture. You want the manicotti to be firm enough to hold in all the deliciousness! Be sure to let the noodles cool a bit before filling them. The filling is the combination of mozzarella cheese, asparagus, rotisserie chicken, and bacon. The bacon should be cooked and crumbled. I have an easy way to cook bacon without the greasy mess–bake it! Yep! To bake bacon, preheat the oven to 415°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Bake it for 18-20 minutes. That’s it!
How to Fill the Manicotti Noodles
Once the noodles have been cooked, drained, and cooled a bit, it’s time to fill them with the chicken mixture. To fill the noodles, hold one end of the manicotti closed and stuff the open end until it is filled. Place the eight stuffed noodles in a greased 8×8-inch pan.
How to Make the Lemon Sauce
Before you bake your stuffed manicotti, you need to drizzle the lemon sauce over the noodles. To make the sauce, begin by melting butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook the garlic for about a minute, careful to not overcook it. Add the lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, parmesan, and black pepper. Cook this for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. Pour the sauce over the stuffed noodles and bake them for about 15 minutes at 350°F. When they are done, top them with some parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy the stuffed manicotti with Roasted Parmesan Green Beans.
Lemon Chicken Stuffed Manicotti
- 8 manicotti noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or fresh mozzarella pearls
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 3 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated and divided
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine mozzarella, chopped asparagus, shredded chicken, and crumbled bacon.
- Stuff manicotti with chicken mixture. When stuffing the noodles, hold one end closed and stuff the open end until filled. Place in a greased 8×8-inch pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add lemon juice, heavy whipping cream, 1 cup of the parmesan, and black pepper. Cook until heated through (about 5 minutes).
- Drizzle sauce over stuffed noodles.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Top with remaining parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.