Where we live it’s not always convenient to run out for take-out. It’s just so much easier to make one of our favorite take-out dishes, beef and broccoli, at home. With the assistance of a slow cooker, tender beef and fresh broccoli is ready and on the table in 3 1/2 hours (2 hours, if on high)! If you love to come home to a meal that is ready to serve and eat, try my Slow Cooker Beer Brats!
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
There is just something about having the slow cooker cooking for part (or all) of the day, and enjoying the tempting aromas that you can smell while your meal is being cooked. Getting take-out has its time and place, but a lot of times, the dish is cold by the time you get home and are able to enjoy it! With Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli, you can time when you want to eat, and there is some down-time in there where you can do what you need to do! Plus, with tender beef and fresh broccoli, you will know exactly what is going into your dish.
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
To make Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli is pretty easy. And, while it is cooking, it gives you some time to run errands and take a breather if you need it! Plus, you can time when you are ready to eat since the final half-hour is for adding the corn starch and sauce. With a few ingredients, you will have a hearty, substantial meal that is great over rice, noodles, or just on its own!
- In your slow cooker, add the broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Stir to combine.
- Cut up the beef chuck steak into 2×1 inch strips (if you want an exact measurement), or something close to that.
- Add the beef strips to the slow cooker, combining the strips with the broth mixture.
- Cook on low for 3 hours.
- After the three hours, use a small bowl to whisk together corn starch and liquid from the slow cooker. Add this, along with the broccoli florets to the slow cooker and cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice, noodles, or on its own!
Looking for More Slow Cooker Meals?
SLOW COOKER BEEF AND BROCCOLI
With tender beef and fresh broccoli, Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli gives you the taste of take-out without leaving your house!
- 1 can (15 ounces) beef broth
- 1 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds beef chuck steak, sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- To the slow cooker, add the broth, soy sauce, sugar, oil, and garlic. Stir to combine.
- Slice the beef into 1-inch by 2-inch strips. Add to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 3 hours.
- In a small bowl, add the corn starch and 1/2 cup of the sauce from the slow cooker. Whisk until smooth. Pour back into the slow cooker. Stir in the broccoli and cook on low for 30 minutes. Serve hot with white rice or crab fried rice (recipe below).
Photography by The PKP Way.