Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie recipe is an easy and delicious ultimate comfort food. Made with seasoned pulled chicken and fresh-cut vegetables, slow-cooked in a blend of savory spices, this dish is sure to become a family favorite. Simply toss all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it work its magic for a mouth-watering meal that’s ready when you are. Perfect for busy weeknights or a cozy weekend dinner, this recipe is sure to impress. And don’t forget about the biscuit on top! For the classic recipe, try my Chicken Pot Pie.
Ingredients & Substitutions
Vegetables: I used both fresh, canned, and frozen vegetables in this recipe. Canned and frozen vegetables (corn and peas) are added near the end of the cooking time since they are already cooked.
Chicken Stock: If you don’t have any on hand, make your own chicken stock to use. You could also substitute chicken broth.
Condensed Soup: Use two cans of condensed cream of chicken soup in this recipe. You could get away with using a different flavor of condensed soup like cream of mushroom or cream of celery. However, they will result in a different taste.
Chicken: Chicken breasts are cooked in the slow cooker and then shredded near the end of the cooking time. If you use rotisserie chicken, which is already cooked, you may need to adjust the cooking time.
Biscuits: Since this is a ‘crustless’ chicken pot pie, add a baked biscuit to the top of each bowl of this Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie. If you prefer, make homemade biscuits for dipping!
How to Store & Reheat Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- First, let the chicken pot pie cool completely before storing it.
- Next, portion out the mixture into smaller containers. This makes it easy to grab and go and also prevents having to reheat the entire portion. Use airtight containers or resealable bags to store the dish; this will prevent any air or moisture from getting in and keep it fresh.
- Label the container with the date of storage to help you keep track of when you stored it and when it should be consumed. If you’re planning to eat the slow cooker chicken pot pie within the next few days, store it in the refrigerator.
- If you want to store the slow cooker chicken pot pie for a longer period of time, it’s best to freeze it. To freeze, make sure it is completely cooled. Then transfer it to a resealable bag or airtight container and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, warm up the chicken pot pie in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrots, chopped
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (240 g) chicken stock
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) cream of chicken condensed soup
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) refrigerated biscuits, baked
- Place onion, carrots, celery, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and chicken soup in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to combine. The mixture will be thick.
- Nestle the chicken breasts into the mixture and spoon the mixture over the chicken to coat.
- Cover the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours. Thirty minutes before the end of cook time, remove the breasts and shred the chicken using two forks. Return the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and add the peas and corn. Stir and allow to finish cooking.
- Serve topped with a biscuit.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Photography by The PKP Way.