Create a delicious mouth-watering Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie! This recipe is ridiculously easy, jam-packed with flavor, and one of my family’s favorite dishes. The seasoned pulled chicken and fresh-cut veggies marinated in spices all day create an amazing dinner you will be proud to serve up! (If you love hearty meals, don’t miss out on this Lasagna Soup!)
What is Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie?
Let’s face the hard truth. We are busy. With our daily hustle, this slow cooker chicken pot pie is just what we needed. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie is a simple solution to slaving away in the kitchen. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot pie is just the same as a traditional pot pie, but not encased in a crust. I simply throw everything in the slow cooker in the morning, and when I come home, the house smells incredible and dinner is served. I get to spend some time with my family and enjoy the evening hours with them before bedtime, rather than slaving away in the kitchen.
Pro tip: Bake the biscuits when you get home in the evening so it doesn’t go stale while the chicken pot pie is cooking throughout the day.
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
Crock pots are amazing. Seriously. Whoever thought you could make crock pot chicken pot pie is a genius. Through the slow cooker process, these flavors have time to marinate and blend together, creating an amazing flavor (and aroma). Your house is going to smell so good! There is really nothing better than coming home to a house that smells like someone has been cooking in the kitchen all afternoon. To make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie you simple place onion, carrots, celery, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and chicken soup in the bowl of your trusty slow cooker. Stir it all up to combine everything evenly. The mixture will be thick. Nestle the chicken breasts in the mixture and spoon some of it on top to cover the tops if necessary. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4 if you are in a hurry). Next, grab the chicken breasts out and put them on a cutting board. Shred the chicken with two forks and then mix it back in, along with the peas and corn. Cover for about 15 more minutes and serve!
Save yourself even more time by prepping ahead. You can always make our Amish Potato Dinner Rolls a day in advance. They are seriously the best rolls and they come out perfect every time! Hopefully, you can make them last until the next day!
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups carrots, chopped
- 1 ½ cups celery, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) cream of chicken condensed soup
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, totaling 2 pounds
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (16.3 ounces) refrigerated biscuits, baked
- Place onion, carrots, celery, parsley, paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, chicken stock, and chicken soup in the bowl of a slow cooker. Stir to combine. The mixture will be thick.
- Nestle the chicken breasts in the mixture and spoon the mixture over the breasts to cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. Thirty minutes before the end of cook time, remove the breasts and shred the chicken using two forks. Return shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and add the peas and corn. Stir and allow to finish cooking.
- Serve topped with a biscuit.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Photography by The PKP Way.