When you have to run out the door and only have 15 minutes to prepare dinner, Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup will save your dinner!
Simply pour everything into your slow cooker and have one less thing to worry about while driving your kids to their various appointments. When you get home, a hot and tasty dinner will be waiting for you! The soup is delicious as-is, but you can make it extra special by adding fun and tasty toppings.
You can easily customize this recipe to fit the tastes of your family. Taste as you go to determine if the seasoning is to your liking, you can always add more! (I have used up 1/4 cup of taco seasoning before!) It’s also fun to incorporate ingredients from the garden, so we will use onion, jalapeno’s, and fresh herbs when they are in season.
Other Soup Recipes
Some people only eat soup when they are cold. I love soup year round so I tend to stock pile the recipes. Here are a few of my favorites!
Side Note: if you are going to make any of these soups, you will also want to print this recipe for simple, no yeast breadsticks.
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACO SOUP
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces corn, drained
- 1 can 15 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Topping suggesions: cilantro sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado, green onion, tortilla chips
- To the slow cooker, stir together the salsa, beans, corn, tomatoes, seasoning and broth. Nestle in the chicken breasts, ensuring the breasts are entirely covered.
- Cook on low for 6 hours. Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Stir the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker.
- Serve hot with suggested toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
DID YOU MAKE Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup?
Photography by The PKP Way.