Stick of Butter Rice is rice baked with French Onion Soup, beef consomme, and a stick of butter for a delicious and easy-to-make side dish. Try my Texas Roadhouse Seasoned Rice for another flavorful side dish.
Stick of Butter Rice
I am sure you guessed by the name of this recipe that you will need a stick of butter to make this rice. Yep! Along with three other ingredients, you can easily mix up this side dish and let it bake in the oven while you prepare the main course. It is flavorful rice that tastes similar to Rice a Roni.
Stick of Butter Rice Ingredients
Rice: Use long-grained white rice for this recipe, like jasmine or basmati. It separates better than medium or short-grained rice, which easily sticks together.
French Onion Soup: Use a can of condensed French onion soup.
Beef Consomme: Condensed Beef consomme is more condensed than beef broth and has a stronger flavor. In a pinch, you could substitute beef broth or beef stock. Look for it in the grocery store where you would find other cans of condensed soup.
Butter: Yes, you are using one stick of butter and dividing it into 9 pats. I know you are thinking, ‘why not just cut it into the eight tablespoons…’. Well, the reason for nine pats is that you want the pats of the butter to be equally distributed on the top of the rice in a 3×3 pattern.
How to Make Stick of Butter Rice
This side dish is easy to make; it just takes about an hour to cook. To make the flavorful dish, add the uncooked rice, condensed French onion soup, and beef consomme to a 9×9-inch baking dish. Stir to combine. Top the mixture with the nine pats of butter, in a 3×3 pattern.
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking for 30 more minutes, or until the rice is cooked through and tender. Fluff the rice and serve it with chicken, pork recipes, or beef.
Stick of Butter Rice
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) French onion soup
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) beef consomme
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, sliced into 9 equal-sized pats
- Preheat oven to 425°F and spray a 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add uncooked rice, French onion soup, and beef consomme to the pan. Stir to combine.
- Top the rice mixture with the pats of butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking, uncovered, for 30 more minutes, or until rice is cooked through and tender.
- Fluff the rice and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.