Air Fryer Roasted Tomato Soup is a creamy soup that is made from tomatoes, onion, and garlic that have been roasted in an air fryer. If you don’t have an air fryer, try my Oven Roasted Tomato Soup.
Air Fryer Roasted Tomato Soup
There is no need to turn on your oven to get the vegetables roasted for this delicious soup. An air fryer can be used to get the same great roasted flavors. It’s a delicious soup that would pair well with a Wedge Salad. And, of course, it would be perfect for dipping a Crispy Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Air Fryer Roasted Tomato Soup Ingredients
Tomatoes: The fresher and more organic tomatoes you choose, the more flavor you will get out of the soup. When choosing tomatoes, they should be dense and heavy and have a little give when squeezed (but not mushy).
Onions: Yellow or white onions work well in this recipe, with yellow being a little sweeter.
Garlic: Roast five whole cloves that have been peeled.
Heavy Cream: Also called heavy whipping cream, it is 36-40% fat. This will give the soup a creamier texture.
I think it’s pretty neat that you can roast veggies in an air fryer! This frees up the oven, which allows you to be making or baking other great recipes at the same time! To get started, preheat the air fryer to 400°F and line the basket with parchment paper. Then, it’s time to roast the veggies.
- Wash the tomatoes by gently rubbing them under running water. Cut each tomato in half and lay them cut side up in the lined basket. (Don’t worry about removing the stem or peeling the tomatoes for now; it is easy to do after roasting them.)
- Add the quartered onions and peeled garlic cloves into the basket.
- Drizzle the vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Roast in the air fryer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables have completely softened.
How to Make Air Fryer Roasted Tomato Soup
After the vegetables have roasted, let them cool just enough to get the tomatoes peeled. The peels should be cracked or split at this point, so easily removed by hand. Get rid of any stems that are left as well. Next, add the roasted vegetables and basil to a food processor. Pulse on high until you have a smooth mixture. (Make sure your blender isn’t too full; you may want to do this in batches so the soup doesn’t splatter everywhere.)
Pour the blended vegetables into a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Heat until warm. Then serve the soup with extra parmesan cheese and basil.
Note: If you use an immersion blender rather than a food processor, the soup will be chunkier. To use an immersion blender, add the roasted vegetables to a large pot, pour the chicken broth over the top, and blend with the immersion blender over medium heat.
Add in the chopped basil, blending until smooth. Then, pour in the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. Mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I have tested 3 brands in my home and I recommend the Ninja Air Fryer. (affiliate link) You can go up a size if needed, but it is superior in achieving consistent results and also ease of use. I’ve been very happy with this Air Fryer!
That’s my Air Fryer Grilled Cheese!
Air Fryer Roasted Tomato Soup
- 6 fresh tomatoes, halved
- 1 small yellow or white onion, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and line the basket with parchment paper.
- To the lined basket, add the tomatoes (cut side up), onions, and garlic. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Air fry for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened completely. After they have cooled a bit, peel the tomatoes and remove any stems.
- Add the vegetables and basil to a food processor. Pulse on high until smooth.
- Pour the blended veggies into a large pot over medium heat. Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, parmesan, and garlic powder. Heat through.
- Serve hot with extra parmesan cheese and basil. Salt and pepper, to taste.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
This soup is so easy to make and so tasty. Have made it about 5 times!
This soup was so easy and delicious ! Thank you!
My soup didn’t turn out very red looking at all. I’m guessing the tomatoes l used were smaller in size. But the soup tasted delicious! I only got 3 servings out of this recipe.