A savory, delicious, and creamy white sauce with a kick will make everyone wonder when you had time to make this Amish Chicken recipe.
Make it extra comforting by serving with a side of creamy mashed potatoes or a little healthier with a side salad. Either way, this Amish chicken is a must-try and will warm its way into your heart and weekly recipe rotation.
- 6 skin-on bone-in chicken breasts, approximately the same size each
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat dry the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, add our, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir until well-combined. Transfer to a shallow pan or wide plate.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the our mixture on both sides. Transfer to a 9x13-inch baking dish, skin-side up.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream and water until combined. Pour over the chicken breasts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the thickest portion measures 160°F with a meat thermometer.
- If the skin has not browned, place under the broiler for a few seconds. Watch closely as it browns quickly!
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Want more ideas on how to eat chicken? Try these amazing recipes!