Balsamic and Cranberry Roasted Brussels Sprouts are Brussels sprouts coated and roasted in a balsamic glaze mixture and dried cranberries. Try my Gruyere Roasted Brussels Sprouts for a cheesy and delicious way to serve this vegetable.
Balsamic Cranberry Roasted Brussels Sprouts
If you are not a Brussels sprouts fan, this recipe may convert you into one. Yes, the vegetable has a bad reputation for being soggy with a weird texture. But, with the added sweetness and dried cranberries to this recipe, the sprouts come out roasted and crispy with a beautiful flavor.
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Don’t be afraid of this recipe; there is no need to make a balsamic reduction. This recipe combines all the ingredients in one bowl and baked on one baking sheet!
Again, there is no separate balsamic reduction being made for this recipe. If you have a large bowl, a baking sheet, and aluminum foil, you are all set! To make the sprouts, first, clean and trim the sprouts. Then, cut them in half.
After cutting the Brussels sprouts in half, put them in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and dried cranberries to the bowl of sprouts. Mix all the ingredients together, coating each sprout.
Evenly spread out the sprouts onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. The sprouts should be tender with a crisp outside. Remove from the oven and serve hot. This side dish will go with just about anything, especially my Spinach Stuffed Chicken or Pork Chop Casserole.
Balsamic and Cranberry Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Clean Brussels sprouts in water and trim tough ends. Cut in half.
- In a large bowl, mix together sprouts, olive oil, sugar, balsamic vinegar, and cranberries.
- Evenly spread out the coated sprouts onto the lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the sprouts are tender with a crisp outside. Remove from oven.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.