Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are an appetizer made with buffalo chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, red bell pepper, green onions, and ranch dressing, rolled up in a flour tortilla and cut into pieces. Try my Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels for another great snack or appetizer.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
Pinwheels are an easy-to-make snack or appetizer that has a variety of ingredients rolled up into a flour tortilla. The filled tortillas are then cut into circular pieces, like a pinwheel! This particular recipe is made with rotisserie chicken that is given a kick from buffalo sauce. It’s all the flavors of buffalo chicken in finger food that goes perfectly dipped in a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Buffalo Sauce: Look for buffalo sauce, not hot sauce; they are different. You can also make your own homemade buffalo sauce.
Ranch Dressing: Just like the buffalo sauce, you can make your own homemade ranch dressing. You could also use blue cheese dressing, which many people prefer with buffalo chicken.
Chicken: Shred and chop a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Tortillas: I used 8-inch flour tortillas. You could also make your own homemade tortillas if you are in the mood!
How to Store Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours of sitting out at room temperature. They will last up to 3 days in the fridge, but they are best when eaten within a day or two.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1½ blocks (12 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (128 g) buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup (60 g) ranch dressing, or blue cheese
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 cup (113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced (about ½ of a red bell pepper)
- 6 flour tortillas, 8 inches
- 3-4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (approximately ¼ cup), reserving some for garnish
- buffalo sauce, ranch, or blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing until well combined.
- Add in chicken, cheese, red bell pepper, and most of the green onions. Mix until well blended.
- Divide buffalo chicken mixture between the tortilla shells and spread out evenly. (I used about ⅔ cup of the mixture per tortilla.)
- Roll each shell up tightly, place in a shallow dish, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- When ready, slice the tortillas into 1-inch pieces. Serve with extra buffalo sauce, ranch, or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.