Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are an appetizer made with buffalo chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, red bell pepper, green onions, and ranch dressing, rolled up in a flour tortilla and cut into pieces. Try my Cheesy Bacon Pinwheels for another great snack or appetizer.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
Pinwheels are an easy-to-make snack or appetizer that has a variety of ingredients rolled up into a flour tortilla. The filled tortillas are then cut into circular pieces, like a pinwheel! This particular recipe is made with rotisserie chicken that is given a kick from buffalo sauce. It’s all the flavors of buffalo chicken in finger food that goes perfectly dipped in a side of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
Buffalo Sauce: Look for buffalo sauce, not hot sauce; they are different. You can also make your own homemade buffalo sauce.
Ranch Dressing: Just like the buffalo sauce, you can make your own homemade ranch dressing. You could also use blue cheese dressing, which many people prefer with buffalo chicken.
Chicken: Shred and chop a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Tortillas: I used 8-inch flour tortillas. You could also make your own homemade tortillas if you are in the mood!
How to Store Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours of sitting out at room temperature. They will last up to 3 days in the fridge, but they are best when eaten within a day or two.
Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 1½ blocks (12 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (128 g) buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup (60 g) ranch dressing, or blue cheese
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 1 cup (113 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced (about ½ of a red bell pepper)
- 6 flour tortillas, 8 inches
- 3-4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (approximately ¼ cup), reserving some for garnish
- buffalo sauce, ranch, or blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing until well combined.
- Add in chicken, cheese, red bell pepper, and most of the green onions. Mix until well blended.
- Divide buffalo chicken mixture between the tortilla shells and spread out evenly. (I used about ⅔ cup of the mixture per tortilla.)
- Roll each shell up tightly, place in a shallow dish, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 24 hours.
- When ready, slice the tortillas into 1-inch pieces. Serve with extra buffalo sauce, ranch, or blue cheese dressing for dipping.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
Is the ranch actually made dressing or ranch seasoning?
Where are the green onions in the recipe?
It says ranch dressing, not seasoning, so it would mean dressing. The green onions are “3-4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (approximately ¼ cup), reserving some for garnish”. The green onions are in step #2 of the instructions.