Chicken Alfredo Monkey Bread is savory pull-apart bread made with pizza dough, rotisserie chicken, alfredo sauce, and cheese. For another savory pull-apart bread, be sure to try my Breakfast Monkey Bread.
Chicken Alfredo Monkey Bread
I have made plenty of sweet monkey bread, including Orange Monkey Bread, 5 Ingredient Monkey Bread, and Apple Fritter Monkey Bread. So, it is kind of fun to add more savory pull-apart bread recipes like this one. This recipe starts with pizza dough. Then, it’s layered with cheese, rotisserie chicken, alfredo sauce, and more cheese!
Chicken Alfredo Monkey Bread Ingredients
Pizza Dough: Two tubes of store-bought pizza dough work great in this recipe!
Cheeses: Both mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese are layered into this savory bread.
Chicken: Buy a rotisserie chicken to use or make your own slow cooker rotisserie chicken.
Alfredo Sauce: If you don’t have a jar of alfredo sauce to use, simply make your own sauce from my Classic Fettucini Alfredo recipe.
Repeat this layering process again to make Chicken Alfredo Monkey Bread.
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Monkey Bread
This pull-apart bread is easy to make, especially if you stick to store-bought ingredients. To get started, cut the pizza dough into 1/2-inch pieces, rolling each piece into a ball. Place the balls of pizza dough into a large bowl.
Next, top the bowl of pizza dough balls with olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese. Use your hands to coat the dough balls with the ingredients. Once the dough balls are ready, it’s time to get the bread layered and baked.
In a sprayed bundt pan, add 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 of the coated pizza dough balls, 1/2 of the rotisserie chicken, and 1/2 of the alfredo sauce. Then, layer again with another 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup parmesan, the remaining pizza dough balls, the remaining chicken, and the rest of the alfredo sauce. Finally, top it all off with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
Bake the Chicken Alfredo Monkey Bread for 45-50 minutes at 375°F, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Remove the bread from the oven and carefully invert the bundt pan onto a large plate or platter. Let the bread cool for a few minutes before serving. This is a delicious appetizer to share.
More Bread Recipes
Chicken Alfredo Monkey Bread
- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded, divided
- 1 cup alfredo sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a large bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut pizza dough into ½-inch pieces. Roll each into a ball and set into a large bowl.
- Top balls of dough with olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and ½ cup parmesan cheese. Use your hands to coat the dough balls.
- In the prepared bundt pan, add ½ cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan, ½ of the dough balls, 1 cup of chicken, and ½ cup of the alfredo sauce. Then, add another ½ cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup parmesan cheese, the remaining pizza dough balls, remaining chicken, and the rest of the alfredo sauce. Finally, end with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella and ½ cup parmesan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Invert the bundt pan onto a large plate.
- Allow the bread to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.
OMG – this looks SO GOOD – you are a GODDESS!! SUBSCRIBED!!
I cannot wait to make this.
Howdy from Rhode Island!
Can’t wait to try. Going to add my homemade pesto
Can rotisserie chicken be replace with regular cooked chicken?
How big is the pan?
can I use croissant roll
My family loved this. I used Grands biscuits quartered. I sprinkled a little ranch seasoning on the biscuits. At 25 minutes I covered with aluminum foil and baked an additional 10 minutes.
Love this recipe I made it and added fresh spinach to it and it was amazing.
I love this recipe! It can be made with more or less of the ingredients, to each his own taste.😄
You can add bacon, if you want; cut the cheeses in half…or change the kind of cheeses…. Add more sauce…😁, or olives… Use sausage, or pulled pork!
Whatever you do to this recipe it will be the best ever!!!!
Post your story so we Can enjoy it too!
How many dough balls should this make?
Could this be made in a dutch oven over coals when camping?
I haven’t tested that so can’t speak to its effectiveness.
This was so good!!!! The only issue I ran into was that my pizza crust balls didn’t all cook all the way through and some were doughy. It could be that I used too much cheese or needed to cook it a bit longer. Either way, this was delicious and I will definitely be making this again!
So glad you enjoyed it!! Yes, you could maybe add a few minutes to the baking time and see if that helps!
Made this for my children this evening…AMAZING!
Used Italian mixed cheese blend
like the monkey bread
This looks absolutely amazing! I do not tend to unmold bundts successfully. How do you prepare the pan?
It actually pops right out because of the cheese. You can always spray the pan with a non-stick spray.