Chicken Caesar Pasta takes your favorite restaurant quality caesar salad and upgrades it to a cheesy, noodly dish that everyone will rave about! Made with a homemade Caesar dressing and juicy shredded chicken this savory dish is tangy and filling and oh so delicious! If you love pasta, make sure to check out Spaghetti Pizza and Corn and Sausage Gnocchi!
Chicken Caesar Pasta
The inspiration for this dish came from my homemade caesar salad dressing. When I made this from scratch I was so impressed with the tangy but “garlicky” flavor that I decided it would be so good in pasta. I also had just prepared an extra-large batch of shredded chicken, and what better way to feed the hungry family. They love caesar salads, and they obviously love pasta too. It seemed like a no brainer! I’ll be honest, there were a few moments while it was baking were I started to doubt the crazy idea for this, but much to my happiness, it turned out amazing!
I have to tell you when I called the kids up for dinner I didn’t tell them the name. They dug in and, no exaggeration, 10 minutes later the entire pan was empty! They LOVED it!
Easy Chicken Caesar Pasta Recipe
I love a recipe that doesn’t take much thought or, even better, much effort. This chicken caesar pasta recipe is just that. To make this dish you will need to gather a few ingredients, including:
- Penne Noodles – you could also use a macaroni noodle or even shells. Just make sure it is a sturdy noodle and always cook to the package instructions to get the perfect al dente noodle.
- Shredded Chicken – make sure to check out my easy, never-fail, shredded chicken recipe, or you can typically buy cooked shredded chicken at the supermarket. This recipe also works with grilled chicken.
- Caesar Salad Dressing – we make ours from scratch with this quick and easy homemade caesar salad dressing recipe. You can also use store-bought if that is easier.
- Mozzarella Cheese – you could use any variation of white cheese on this, gouda would be amazing!
How to Make Chicken Caesar Pasta
Start by preparing your noodles. I tend to stick to the 8-10 minute mark but all noodles are a tiny bit different, so make sure you check the package instructions and set a timer. There is nothing worse than an underdone or soggy noodle. Keep in mind that if you don’t drain the noodles right away, they will continue to cook in hot water, even if you remove the pan from direct heat. Drain the noodles, and if they are going to set out for a while, drizzle a little bit of olive oil over the top to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Add noodles, cooked chicken, caesar dressing, shredded parmesan, and 1 cup of mozzarella to a bowl and stir combine. Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish and then top with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella. Bake, uncovered, for 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
Looking for More Pasta Recipes?
Pasta is kind of big thing around here, so we have a few favorites that we are happy to share with you!
Chicken Caesar Pasta
- 9x13 pan
- 8 oz penne noodles
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- diced scallion, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Add noodles, chicken, parmesan, dressing, and 1 cup of mozzarella to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour contents into a prepared 9x13 pan. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle tomatoes over top of the cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.