Stuffed with seasoned chicken, cheese, corn, and salsa, Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells bring a whole new flavor to stuffed shells and Taco Tuesdays! If you love tacos, be sure to try my Beef Taco Stuffed Shells. For a more traditional stuffed shell recipe, don’t pass up my Three Cheese Stuffed Shells for another delicious pasta dish.
Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells
Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells are loaded with rotisserie chicken that has been seasoned with my homemade taco seasoning. They are a great addition to any Taco Tuesday menu, and they should really be enjoyed any day of the week!
Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells Recipe
It’s all about the seasoned rotisserie chicken in this recipe. I used my homemade taco seasoning, but you could also use a one-ounce packet you get at the store. Get the ingredients you need, and for toppings, it’s just a suggestion. Like regular tacos, the fixing ideas are endless!
Tips for Perfect Stuffed Shells
- Don’t skip the “al dente” part of cooking the pasta. You want them slightly under-done so that they can continue cooking in the oven and won’t get mushy.
- Consider a homemade taco seasoning over store-bought. This really lets you control the spice!
- There is “1 cup salsa” in the recipe. You can use your favorite salsa here! We also love making our own Pico and using that.
- Shred (or crumble if you are using Queso Fresco) your own cheese when you are able. It really does make a difference, and can sometimes be less expensive. This is the BEST cheese shredder, I have two! (affiliate link)
Can I Freeze Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells?
The answer is YES! Isn’t it great when you can prepare a meal ahead of time and just take it out of the freezer when you are ready to make it? I feel so accomplished when I have at least one meal prepped for the week! To freeze, simply prepare the meal following the instructions, but don’t bake it. The only difference is to place the stuffed shells in a 9×13- inch aluminum pan. Cover it with aluminum foil and don’t forget to write the name of the dish and the instructions, along with the date. When you are ready to bake it, take it out of the freezer, uncover it, and bake it for 45-60 minutes at 350°F. This will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Chicken Taco Stuffed Shells
- 12 ounces (340 g) jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente according to package instructions
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 block (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup (165 g) sweet corn
- ½ cup (56.5 g) mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (259 g) salsa,
- 1 cup (113 g) Mexican cheese blend*, shredded
- ½ cup (115 g) sour cream, for topping, optional
- 1 medium tomato, diced for topping, optional
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, diced for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, taco seasoning, cream cheese, corn, cheddar cheese, and salsa.
- Stuff each jumbo shell with the chicken mixture and place into the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the shredded Mexican cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Top with sour cream, tomatoes, and jalapenos.
Did you make this recipe?
You can tag me at @iamhomesteader.